RIP Joe Kinnear (1946–2024)

Anderson

Aye Roeder is decent would be a good candidate for a DOF post here.

Based on what? He was an absolutely s**** manager and the two transfer windows he oversaw were a total disaster, Martins aside.

He didn't really buy much anyone else at all, tbf.

I have always liked Glen Roeder. I categorise him with Hughton as a very likable, but ultimately very average manager.

Based on what? He was an absolutely s**** manager and the two transfer windows he oversaw were a total disaster, Martins aside.

Exactly. And the ones he did were all terrible, except Rossi, who he deemed not good enough.

Le Sib was likeable enough I suppose. Duff. :anguish: Bernard :anguish: Onyewu :anguish:

Totally wrong sticking him in the same category as Hughton as well, like. Roeder was an absolute dud and he was stubborn as well.

Exactly. And the ones he did were all terrible, except Rossi, who he deemed not good enough.

Le Sib was likeable enough I suppose. Duff. :anguish: Bernard :anguish: Onyewu :anguish:

Totally wrong sticking him in the same category as Hughton as well, like. Roeder was an absolute dud and he was stubborn as well.

Bernard was very good for us.

Bernard was very good for us.

He means the 2nd time.

Guest firetotheworks

One thing that I will say in Roeder's defence. That 'injury crisis' that we had under him wasn't hype, it really was ridiculous. Almost everyone was out from what I remember.

I think Roeder is someone who does well as a short-term caretaker manager but gets a bit carried away with himself once appointed as manager.

Considering the players he had at his disposal, he did remarkably well to get us into 7th place.

One thing that I will say in Roeder's defence. That 'injury crisis' that we had under him wasn't hype, it really was ridiculous. Almost everyone was out from what I remember.

Didn't we have something like 15 players injured at one time? If that had happened now, we'd have to forfeit the game :lol:

Roeder was let down by Shepherd when it came to transfers. He's a good bloke. :thup:

Let down? The squad finished 7th and he afforded Roeder £17m to spend in the summer window. That would constitute some sort of miracle under Ashley.