RIP Joe Kinnear (1946-2024)

Anderson

Guest icemanblue

Summer will be a mess. You can bet that Pardew has now lost what little control over transfers he had. Kinnear will be there to interfere and make Pardew as uncomfortable as possible, in the hope that he breaks and walks. For whatever reason, they've decided that they don't want to pay his compensation.

'You people don't realise just how fucking horrible we can be.' - Derek Llambias.

I'm struggling to think of a move made by a club done with more contempt for its own supporters than this one.

Literally not one supporter would have had good memories or thoughts about Joe Kinnear. Not one would have ever imagined seeing him back. Not one. Not one could have even envisioned it as anything other than a colossal joke. Yet here it is. Nothing this owner has done is more contemptible than this. And I guess all we can do is accept it because, well, it's not like we're going to support another club, is it?

Feeling powerless and very sad at the moment. I'd like to be able to laugh but I can't. The idea of hoping that Pards stays on simply because it delays Joe f***ing Kinnear is unimaginably depressing.

Similar feelings here, except I guess it's more outright incompetence than contempt for anyone.

Why? It's contempt quite clearly IMO. Ashley has invented a role for someone when there was no talk of this before. He knows the fan feeling towards Kinnear/pardew and he knows what reaction this would get hence why he did it anyway. I highly doubt he thought this would benefit nufc in any way

You honestly believe Mike Ashley is out to wind up his own customers? He doesn't care what we think, true, but these kinds of decisions are just idiotic, not vicious.

He might not set out to deliberately wind fans up but then if that's not the case he's clearly so clueless with regards football and so thick skinned that he simply doesn't care. Hes playing on the fact that he knows the club is so much to the region that people will still turn out and pack the stands despite what he does. This really is the final action for me under his ownership though, it's just such total bollocks. I've got no intention to go at all now which is a crying shame given that I've moved back to Newcastle and live 20 min walk from the ground. Had enough

The reality of this is beginning to sink in - Ashley really has done us over this time. Can you imagine the carnage if and when Kinnear does take over.

I can't actually see him managing the team. The last time he tried, the guy almost went and fucking died. If I guessed, it's just a way for Ashley to get more of his people at the club. It would be better if some of his people were less useless.

Honestly, even for us not as well versed as you are in the utter madness of Newcastle United, this is beyond believable. It is utterly staggering. It looks like someone has decided to set a course for disaster.

Guest bimpy474

My mate reckons that transfer-wise, Kinnear shouldn't be too bad :anguish:

Actually this is the most genuine thing going for us. We have no idea how good or not Kinnear will or wont be.

Again clutching at straws.

Actually this is the most genuine thing going for us. We have no idea how good or not Kinnear will or wont be.

I have no faith whatsoever. This is one of those situations which you just know will end in tears.

Honestly, even for us not as well versed as you are in the utter madness of Newcastle United, this is beyond believable. It is utterly staggering. It looks like someone has decided to set a course for disaster.

You're doing a great job of consoling us brummie.. :lol:

Guest bimpy474

I have no faith whatsoever. This is one of those situations which you just know will end in tears.

Yes indeed, my straw clutching is very much clutching at thin air.

It would be a hell of a lot better if he just came in and went about his 'business' quietly. But we all no there's fucking no chance of that happening.

He'll be calling various journalists "cunts" within the month.

Why us. Why the fuck did we get cursed by Mike's ownership? This is so unreal. So many positives a year and half ago and now look at this.

Shocked, bemused and gutted. Will somebody please buy the club and save it. This is disgusting.

You're doing a great job of consoling us brummie.. :lol:

Genuinely, the only thing I think you can take solace from is that this is clearly the action of a man who wants to force out his manager.

So, Pardew doesn't put up with it - and, let's be honest, what manager with an ounce of pride would put up with this? - and resigns. Kinnear takes over and lasts weeks before doing a Houllier, and there you go, free to rebuild.

I know that's poor, but I genuinely don't know what else to think. It is utterly, utterly bonkers. WTF?

Guest bimpy474

Is anyone else looking at this rather perversely, out of curiosity to how it will pan out. I say this from a point of view that i dont think Kinnear will be manager if Pardew went. More that Kinnear will be the man to appoint the next manager.

"shift 4 or 5 players to get the transfer kitty?" ffs bye by all our good players to be replaced by stoke rejects? While Ashley is in charge this shit will keep happening. He needs to go, even if it means the debt he leaves sinks the club and we have to start all over again like Rangers, then so be it, we'll end up with a fan run club at least.

Guest bimpy474

"shift 4 or 5 players to get the transfer kitty?" ffs bye by all our good players to be replaced by stoke rejects? While Ashley is in charge this shit will keep happening. He needs to go, even if it means the debt he leaves sinks the club and we have to start all over again like Rangers, then so be it, we'll end up with a fan run club at least.

To be fair, he did say those 4 or 5 players would be ones considered not good enough. In who's opinion might be interesting, seeing as Pardew thinks Jonas is brilliant.