RIP Joe Kinnear (1946-2024)

Anderson

I'm struggling to think of a move made by a club done with more contempt for its own supporters than this one.

Literally not one supporter would have had good memories or thoughts about Joe Kinnear. Not one would have ever imagined seeing him back. Not one. Not one could have even envisioned it as anything other than a colossal joke. Yet here it is. Nothing this owner has done is more contemptible than this. And I guess all we can do is accept it because, well, it's not like we're going to support another club, is it?

Feeling powerless and very sad at the moment. I'd like to be able to laugh but I can't. The idea of hoping that Pards stays on simply because it delays Joe f***ing Kinnear is unimaginably depressing.

Similar feelings here, except I guess it's more outright incompetence than contempt for anyone.

I refuse to accept anybody could be this incompetent tbh.

I'm struggling to think of a move made by a club done with more contempt for its own supporters than this one.

Literally not one supporter would have had good memories or thoughts about Joe Kinnear. Not one would have ever imagined seeing him back. Not one. Not one could have even envisioned it as anything other than a colossal joke. Yet here it is. Nothing this owner has done is more contemptible than this. And I guess all we can do is accept it because, well, it's not like we're going to support another club, is it?

Feeling powerless and very sad at the moment. I'd like to be able to laugh but I can't. The idea of hoping that Pards stays on simply because it delays Joe f***ing Kinnear is unimaginably depressing.

Similar feelings here, except I guess it's more outright incompetence than contempt for anyone.

Why? It's contempt quite clearly IMO. Ashley has invented a role for someone when there was no talk of this before. He knows the fan feeling towards Kinnear/pardew and he knows what reaction this would get hence why he did it anyway. I highly doubt he thought this would benefit nufc in any way

You honestly believe Mike Ashley is out to wind up his own customers? He doesn't care what we think, true, but these kinds of decisions are just idiotic, not vicious.

I guess by now you must be in the Pardew In camp, knowing the alternative..?  :p

No, the sooner we get rid of Pardew the sooner we get rid of Kinnear who will keel over within a week of getting the job.  In fact, now we can get rid of 2 for the price of one.

Fair enough.. :lol:

Are you confident we will get a better manager after those two though?

Can't find the league table but I'm pretty sure that's bollocks about us being 12th when he had the heart attack right?

Plus what is all this shit about having to be a geordie to be liked by the fans?

Shitting myself about the future of Newcastle now. Feel like this is the beginning of the end or something.

Why? It's contempt quite clearly IMO. Ashley has invented a role for someone when there was no talk of this before. He knows the fan feeling towards Kinnear/pardew and he knows what reaction this would get hence why he did it anyway. I highly doubt he thought this would benefit nufc in any way

You honestly believe Mike Ashley is out to wind up his own customers? He doesn't care what we think, true, but these kinds of decisions are just idiotic, not vicious.

The evidence points towards it tbf. Not that it matters whether he's a grade A cunt or a grade A idiot, seeing as the result is we're grade A fucked either way.

I guess by now you must be in the Pardew In camp, knowing the alternative..?  :p

No, the sooner we get rid of Pardew the sooner we get rid of Kinnear who will keel over within a week of getting the job.  In fact, now we can get rid of 2 for the price of one.

Nothing suggests that we would other than the law of averages.

The evidence points towards it tbf. Not that it matters whether he's a grade A c*** or a grade A idiot, seeing as the result is we're grade A f***ed either way.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w220/Davis_Andrews/what-you-did-there-i-see-it.jpg

Can't find the league table but I'm pretty sure that's bollocks about us being 12th when he had the heart attack right?

Plus what is all this shit about having to be a geordie to be liked by the fans?

Shitting myself about the future of Newcastle now. Feel like this is the beginning of the end or something.

It is literally like having a Will Ferrell impersonation of a manager/director of football in charge of the club but THIS IS REAL LIFE.

15th. 13th after Hughton oversaw the win at West Brom.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/2008-2009/table/2009-02-07

Nothing suggests that we would other than the law of averages.

The law of averages would be an improvement over the law of mediocrity that we've got going on. Get in!

I refuse to accept anybody could be this incompetent tbh.

Agree, it's not incompetence. It's a combination on Ashley's part of not giving a fuck about the club/football in general and being as tight as a nun's cunt. Add to that the fans' backlash against him last time and you can clearly see he's taking the piss. He should just fuck off out the club and football for ever, the dynamic between him and Llambias and the fans will never work and he should accept he's failed, take a hit on the price of the club and fuck off.

The reality of this is beginning to sink in - Ashley really has done us over this time. Can you imagine the carnage if and when Kinnear does take over.

Imagine we are just above the relegation zone by next December and we're on the verge of sacking Pardew. Normally that would have been a cause for optimism, well until today that was..

There is a huge gulf in professionalism between ourselves and the big 5/6 clubs in the country.  I mean, we appoint a new DoF and the first media interaction we do is an informal phonecall into SSN.  Where was the press conference?  There's no way that the likes of the big 5/6 clubs would be so small time, let alone appoint a prehistoric figure in the later stages of dementia - but that is an different, more pressing, matter.