Arouna Koné

Ishmael

Why are we breaking our very stringent 'rules' on transfers to bid on a nearly 30 year old from a relegated team?  :undecided:

http://i.imgur.com/RTJCz40.jpg

Steve Bruce's probably his son.

Kinnear: "Hi Awooga, I am just calling with regard to your transfer to us"

Kony: "My name is Joseph Kony, I am leader of Uganda's infamous, murderous Lords Resistance Army guerilla group, as featured in that viral video, Kony 2012, the one that caused the bloke who made it to go completely hatstand".

Kinnear: "I've won it three times, you'll do well to catch up with me" etc etc

What is this transfer rule people keep referring to!

The idea was not to spend significant amounts i.e. in fee and wages on players over 27 or whatever.

However, a bargain is a bargain. If you can get one who is proven and productive for a good fee and good wages, then I don't think we'd snub it.

That's how I understood it anyway.

Not sure if it was a direct quote from Llambias or anyone, but there was the thought that the 'rules' were that any players signed had to have sell on value, too.

Guest reefatoon

Has this got anything to do with Perch going the other way, perhaps?

I'm saying no, as Perch has already signed for Wigan and Kone has a 5mil release clause that anyone can activate, not just clubs that sell them a tackle.

Kone: "Hello, is that Mr. Kinnear?"

Kinnear: "Yes, speaking"

Kone: "I've signed for Everton"

Kinnear: "Okay, thanks for keeping us in the loop"

Too competent, man.

Kinnear: "No"

Kinnear: "Hello?"

:lol:

I'm just not sure how much of a bargain it really is. Berbatov for £6m was a bargain, this? Not sure.

I never really watched a load of him like but is he not fairly reliant on pace?

Yep. Once its gone its gone. I agree we need pace upfront, probably why we are also looking at Bent, just worry how long that lasts at that age, just got to look at Henry (using him as he didn't really have any big injuries to lose it say like Owen) to see how quickly it can go.

I'm just not sure how much of a bargain it really is. Berbatov for £6m was a bargain, this? Not sure.

Any idea what Fulham are paying Berbatov?

JSA and 20 tabs a day.

Kinnear: "Yes, speaking"

Kinnear: "Okay, thanks for keeping us in the loop"

Too competent, man.

Kinnear: "No"

Kinnear: "Hello?"

:lol:

Pffff is how I feel about this, him instead of Bent yeah ok fine. but we need a better striker signed than him.

I agree. I'd be disappointed if he was the only striker we brought in.

Being given permission by Wigan is no big deal if there's a release clause. Presumably Kone can talk to anyone who meets the fee, and he currently wants to check out all the clubs who are interested. It doesn't mean we're at the front of the queue.

Agreed. Thought he was the perfect type of player for us.

Kone - from what i've seen is another one that wants to run towards goal rather than link up with midfielders and come deep.

I never really watched a load of him like but is he not fairly reliant on pace?

Yep. Once its gone its gone. I agree we need pace upfront, probably why we are also looking at Bent, just worry how long that lasts at that age, just got to look at Henry (using him as he didn't really have any big injuries to lose it say like Owen) to see how quickly it can go.

I seem to remember him struggling badly with injuries in his last year with Arsenal before he joined Barcelona? Had a lot of trouble with his achiles too right?

Agreed. Thought he was the perfect type of player for us.

Kone - from what i've seen is another one that wants to run towards goal rather than link up with midfielders and come deep.

Yeah, that's how I'd see him. It doesn't feel like a very imaginative choice.