Newcastle Utd 0 - 0 West Ham Utd - 24/08/13 - post-match reaction from page 41

Neil

Some people here saying it was not bad, improvement etc. Jesus f***ing christ guys, wake up.

This is how we played last season, and its how we will play this season.

No plan, no offensive drive. We do not create s***, nothing, nada.

If you can not see it by now, you never will.

This. If nothing has changed over 3 months, what more would people expect Pardew to conjure up week in, week out?

Anita was the only redeeming thing about the match. A real player who keeps the play moving, passes well and always looks for the ball. He should play every match.

I'm not a big fan, but he's miles better than Tiote. No excuse for playing the useless cunt ever again.

Some people here saying it was not bad, improvement etc. Jesus f***ing christ guys, wake up.

We were but the main reason for that is because we have 2 strikers who offer f*ck all to the team.

Replace Cisse and Shola with Remy and Gouffran and the performances improve.

I predicted a draw in the poll but I was also nervous we'd get beat so it's not a terrible result. Never really felt as though we were going to win this though and that Gouff miss at the end just about sums up our goal threat at the moment.

It's almost as I can agere with Pardew subbing cisse instead of Shola. Cisse was just dogshit awful. Worse than Shola without a doubt.

Would personally have subbed Shola myself, but at least i can somewhat understand why he did it.

If Anita didn't manage to take Tiotes spot today, we need to execute Pardew.

Shit game over all. Not looking forward to our next.

It looked like there was something to build on there. We did improve as the game went on, and in the end were unlucky not to win.

I was pleased that Pardew took Cisse off. At least it indicated that he's not stuck on the idea of building the attack around him.

The linking between strikers and midfield needs to improve. Cisse and Shola both looked poor, as individuals and as a combo.

OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe 1m

14 - Newcastle had 14 shots off target without any on target today, something no other PL team has done in the past 8 seasons. Wayward.

:lol:

Because they weren't attempts at goal, they were a symbol of resignation that the "shooting" player had no options left and no idea as to how progress the attack further other than to just welly it in the vicinity of the goal area.

Looked like they'd never met before, again. Picked a team at home to neutralise West Ham. What's left to say?

It's the negativity and cowardice by our manager that annoys me. We have no style, no philosophy but to attempt (not even successfully accomplish) the task of countering the opposition.

To be fair, it was better than expected. We looked suspect defending the deep long ball, but most defences do. I thought Anita and Sissoko was a good central pair, Anita was man of the match and didnt put a foot wrong all day. HBA was off today, trying to do too much.

Krul: 6/10 didnt have anything to do, but his touch looked a bit dodgy at times.

Debuchy: 5/10 An improvement on last week, but got skinned by Jarvis a few times, still not good enough

Coloccini: 7/10 Back to himself today, class as always

Mbiwa: 6/10 Still adjusting and isnt used to the aerial marking required. Still a decent performance.

Santon: 7/10 Looked good, got forward well and defended excellently

Anita: 8/10 Was absolute class, Broke up play and set up the play perfectly

Sissoko: 6/10 Looked good at times, still alot of improvement in his decision making and ball play

HBA: 5/10 Always dangerous, but wasnt on form today

Marveaux: 6/10 Not involved enough but looked good when on the ball

Ameobi: 4/10 Useless as always, his touch is shit and constantly gives away fouls when an attack looks promising

Cisse: 3/10 Terrible, looks a yard off the pace, hes not reacting to anything quick enough.

Subs: Thought Sammy did well when he came on, Gouffran offered so much more to our attack, though that miss of his was terrible. 

Looked like they'd never met before, again. Picked a team at home to neutralise West Ham. What's left to say?

I disagree tbh. I hate Pardew and his "football" more than the next guy, but to be fair, the 442 was to attack WH and give us some balance rather than to neutralize them. IMO.

We were but the main reason for that is because we have 2 strikers who offer f*ck all to the team.

Replace Cisse and Shola with Remy and Gouffran and the performances improve.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I am waiting for that mate, i have been waiting for the improvement for over a season.

Sure Pardew will get it with those two missing pieces.

We were marginally better in the period when it was the three of Shola, Gouffrran, and Sammy up front. Marginally. But it just only highlights the point that we do not have the manager at the moment to get the best out of what is a decent, if small, squad. We have technically gifted players without a lot of physicality - Sissoko aside - and Pardew's prehistoric mindset doesn't allow for the kind of movement needed to take advantage of their strengths.

Oh, and fuck Cabaye. I saw that somehow Baines and Fellaini both managed to put in a shift for Everton at Goodison despite interest from Manchester united. How in the fuck did they manage that? 

Much better, especially in the second half. Still had some negatives, mainly Shola. But West Ham are strong at the back and kept shape well, if we play like we did in the second half against Fulham then we'll win.

How was that better? West Ham were the better team. We had one good chance and it was in the last minute

Not incisive enough, definitely, if it wasn't for Pardew's need for a target man and shit subs it could've been better. At least we're passing now, we can't expect a complete performance all of a sudden, but there was progress. Totally disagree West Ham were better, they offered very little.