Newcastle United 1 - 0 Fulham - 31/08/13 - post-match reaction from page 34

Beren

That last 20 minutes or so was the best I've seen us play in ages. Our attacking play wasn't nearly as laboured and desperate as it has been. After Remy came on, we had runners pouring forward on the break at every opportunity and should have really scored 2 or 3. We were fluid, quick and cohesive and it was genuinely good to watch at times.

Tidy but ineffective before the subs, played as well as Ive seen in a long time after.

Remy looked superb, if he's going to play upfront with Cisse it'll need work though, they spent the first 5-10 mins making the same runs / dropoffs

The midfield that started was too passive both defensively and offensively.

There are some utter spackas who go to the game like

Fulham were shite.

Saves me typing anything out. :thup:

I thought Fulham out-crapped us, tbh.

Good game for Mapou and Debuchy in particular in that they can take some confidence from it. Debuchy didn't seem to overlap anywhere near as much as he normally does mind. And that was evident in the total lack of any sort of threat that we posed for the first 80 minutes.

There's a total disconnect between our midfield and attck. And beating Fulham, who were fucking garbage, is just papering over the cracks.

That was such an improvement it's ridiculous - reckon the XI that finished that game should start the next.

Remy and Cabaye coming on won us the game - Cisse looked a different player once they were on too.

Guest icemanblue

Saw some football today. That was canny. The last twenty minutes was as good as I've seen from us in a very long time. Remy looks as if he's going to be massive for us, from fifteen minutes alone.

First half, we were tidy and calm in possession, organised at the back, but gave Fulham far too much time in midfield. We looked to be trying to force a killer pass, and were very narrow. Thanks to the introductions in the second half, including Gouffran who looked very lively and real threat (despite missing two sitters), we got the width we needed to open them up.

Hatem Ben Arfa is a fucking hero.

Not read this thread, just got back, last 20 mins we were a threat, good goal and those who booing Cabaye please fuck off and support another club. Some of the impatient, know nowt, mummerings going on before he came on were poor, the booing of a player we need to keep was simply pathetic.

Well done, hope you cheer on his replacement however bad he may be.

Was odd watching us play a 4-2-4. Were all over them for the last 15 minutes.

We didn't remotely look like scoring until then.

Adding a note of realism, our game against Villa will be a lot more like the first 75 minutes then it will the last 15 minutes. Not that keeping it tight and chances to a minimum away from home is bad like. We aren't ManU!

Well, never expected to turn up today and have a football match break-out in front of me. It had everything. Shots, shots on target, a fucking goal, we even contested a couple corners. Trying not to get my hopes up to much and telling myself this will be one of those one-offs, but if we pick up where we left off we'll be areet this season. Just need to try and find a way of getting past the almost inevitable return of Tiote and Jonas.

Is it just me thought Sissoko was poor?  Seemed to do nothing but lose the ball.

Judging by the comments on here I think you're in the minority.

Didn't hunk he was poor but I thought he looked tired until the subs were made, then he got a second wind.

Not read this thread, just got back, last 20 mins we were a threat, good goal and those who booing Cabaye please fuck off and support another club. Some of the impatient, know nowt, mummerings going on before he came on were poor, the booing of a player we need to keep was simply pathetic.

Well done, hope you cheer on his replacement however bad he may be.

Give over. The guy's been disrespecting the club and being a complete prick about it. I paid £30 today to watch 70 minutes of crap until the good stuff started and he gets paid tens of thousands a week and he refuses to play?

Deserves the boos and deserves praise if he starts putting in a decent shift.