Transfer Window SLAMS shut

Mike
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Well Gomis is in France tonight.

He can stay there for all I care. Not convinced he's even worth the dosh.

I don't think Shola is worth sticking with for another season. He'd be gone if we could secure Gomis, there's no place for him. Pardew wants a target man, or at least some muscle upfront to work with, until he gets Shola stays

Well Gomis is in France tonight.

He can stay there for all I care. Not convinced he's even worth the dosh.

I don't think Shola is worth sticking with for another season. He'd be gone if we could secure Gomis, there's no place for him. Pardew wants a target man, or at least some muscle upfront to work with, until he gets Shola stays

We've been saying this for the past 10 years and the prick still starts for us.

Guest bimpy474

Remember that year where MA apparently texted Sky and said something along the lines of "we're doing nowt, we're just watching and we'll send Davey Craig a bacon sarnie"?

I think we'll do that again.  Declare nowt's on early doors and make everyone fed up.

Llambias did that, can you see JFK doing it.

We was buying fuck all, now fuck you Craigy, and fuck the fans, i'm the dogs bollocks.

Guest neesy111

Remember that year where MA apparently texted Sky and said something along the lines of "we're doing nowt, we're just watching and we'll send Davey Craig a bacon sarnie"?

I think we'll do that again.  Declare nowt's on early doors and make everyone fed up.

Wasn't that the day we allegedly bidded for Michael Johnson?

Guest bimpy474

Shola is not even a good target man, so that argument doesn't even hold water.

He's not, doesn't mean Pardew doesn't want to use him in that way.

True, Pardew and his iffy judgement again, Jonas is a winger you know :lol:

If anyone thought we might go after McCarthy, think again.

Wigan Athletic have rejected a bid from Everton for James McCarthy, Sky sources understand.

Toffees boss Roberto Martinez has lined up a deal for his former midfielder - and Everton have now firmed up their interest with an offer.

However, the bid falls short of Wigan's valuation of the Irish international.

Wigan are believed to want in excess of £10million for the 22-year-old, who joined from Hamilton in 2009.

Whilst Everton's offer is reportedly worth £10million - at least £3million of that is understood to be in add-ons, therefore not meeting Wigan's valuation of the player.

Far too much for poor old Newcastle.

Wigan Athletic have rejected a bid from Everton for James McCarthy, Sky sources understand.

Toffees boss Roberto Martinez has lined up a deal for his former midfielder - and Everton have now firmed up their interest with an offer.

Wigan are believed to want in excess of £10million for the 22-year-old, who joined from Hamilton in 2009.

Whilst Everton's offer is reportedly worth £10million - at least £3million of that is understood to be in add-ons, therefore not meeting Wigan's valuation of the player.

And this is why we don't buy British

I cant believe we once broke the world transfer record for Shearer. Can't even see us spending half of it ever again.

We spent 10 or 11 million on Cisse.

I don't think anything will happen for us tomorrow.  They've been actively avoiding spending any money all summer IMO.  I get the impression we'd love to sell a big player or 2 to fund signings but the fact our players have been shit for so long doesn't help. 

The Gomis business is a great example of why our transfer dealings are so fundamentally flawed, we reach a sticking point in a deal so end up just going without.

I meant half the world record, which as of today would be £42.5m, although - I can't see us even spending over £15m with the current setup!

And this is why we don't buy British

Good job in technical football terms he's not British then :pow: