NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

bendtner linked in the danish papers. probably nothing in it.

think we will be fairly cheap though...and i know most on here do not like him - but for the right price i will take him any minute.

have to save money for central defenders which i think is the most important area for us to upgrade. we need at least 2 quality cubs imo.

Bendtner :lol: He can f*** right off.

No thanks. He's shite and a tosser too.

2CB, 1LB, 1CM, 2CF and one wide forward/winger. All of them being first 11 quality. Then it would be a very good and ambitious window imo. If we don't do this it isn't good enough tbh. Preferably i'd like one of the two strikers to be a Remy type of player who can also play as a wide forward when needed, and to give us something different from a player like Austin for example in a striker position.

Need to stop dreaming...

That's pretty much the ideal but I'd even take that list minus a LB and one of the CBs being a Lascelles type this summer if it meant we properly invested in the other areas you mention.

I'd say that we need two wingers bringing in, rather than two strikers.

I also quite like Haidara and think he'll be cracking in a forward moving team so wouldn't necessarily go in for a LB (a backup RB would be needed)

The way I'd play is below...

I think Krul is going to go this summer, but Darlow could step straight in (the limited times I've seen him, he's looked fairly decent).

---------------------Krul----------------------

--Jaanmat---New CB--New CB---Haidara---

-------------------Colback----------------------

-New Winger-----Sissoko--------Cabella----

-------------------de Jong---------------------

----------------New CF/Cisse------------------

Subs: Darlow, Dummett, New RB, Saylor (until his injury in January 2016)/Lascelles, Abeid, Aarons, Perez

Perez to come in for any of the front 4 whenever injury/suspension takes them.

Elliot, Colo, Williamson, Tiote to leave.

I wouldn't get rid of anyone else; players like Riviere, Anita, Obertan, Gouf etc. can all be promoted to the bench when we have our normal injury crisis.

This season lessons should be learnt that we need players like the above to move onto the bench when injuries hit, as we could barely fill our bench this year.

Never ever ever going to happen, but it'd be nice.

I guess there is a chance that Tiote may yet have a role to play. I like the above formation and if Tiote is coached to sit and defend, in place of Colback, I can see that working well. I would put Perez in the "New Winger" position for now. Like you say CB is priority.

According to Le Parisien journalist Mathieu Grégoire, Newcastle United have enquired about the availability of Marseille winger Florian Thauvin.

OM need to sell a player before the end of the month in order to balance the books.

If we aren't willing to pay mega money then I think it would be worth taking a chance on Celtic's Van Dijk.

He seems to be after a move to the Premiership, and will only be attracting mid table clubs at best. I'd rather take a £5m-£8m chance on him than any other English CB who will cost that much.

Colback and Sissoko wouldn't make a very good holding duo IMO. Neither are good defenders and neither have particular good touch and passing.

Sissoko can't be a holding midfielder

Updated it, didn't mean to have Sissoko where he was.

The idea was Sissoko to be a forward thinking guy and Colback to play the sit in the middle pinging the ball around and breaking up play.

Colback and Sissoko wouldn't make a very good holding duo IMO. Neither are good defenders and neither have particular good touch and passing.

Sissoko can't be a holding midfielder

Updated it, didn't mean to have Sissoko where he was.

The idea was Sissoko to be a forward thinking guy and Colback to play the sit in the middle pinging the ball around and breaking up play.

Colback doesn't have the discipline to do that that.

I doubt we're after Thauvin anymore considering his "character". People in France just trying to get some interest in him. If he did sign and did well he'd be moaning about a move in january already.

What's all this 'character' stuff in regards to Thauvin?

Moved to Lille after a protracted saga and then immediately kicked up fuss saying he wanted to move to OM without ever playing for them.