NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shane long mentioned somewhere in the press I was reading this morning. I quite like him, puts in a shift, has great vision and timing and always gets goals, could be good back up if available o n the cheap (contract runs out in summer).

Guest Roger Kint

Shane long mentioned somewhere in the press I was reading this morning. I quite like him, puts in a shift, has great vision and timing and always gets goals, could be good back up if available o n the cheap (contract runs out in summer).

If Cisse/Ameobi can start for us he shouldnt be backup

Really like Shane Long, reminds me of Bellamy. His contract running out? He was signed for £5m only a couple years back.

For a poacher he doesn't seem to score that many? Only one season in his whole career where he's scored double figures.

He's not a poacher. He gets very involved in the game. For a short lad he's pretty good in the air and holding it up. Runs the channels very well. Basically is great for a team and keeps the opposition CB's busy. Can play uptop on his own but ideally he would be next to someone capable of 15-25 goals.

Although tbh we have Gouff who can do something similar.

He's also pretty good at playing up front alone, running channels and getting on the end of direct balls etc. He's actually pretty good in the air and physical for someone of his size. Not sure how we would play to accommodate him but I rate him as a player.

:thup:

Getting Shane Long for a much reduced fee (due to his contract expiring in the Summer) would seem to fit the way NUFC go about transfers under this regime. Shola isn't getting a new contract so he will need replacing. It is far from guaranteed that Remy will be here next season. Shola and Remy out with Long and Gomis in for low fees would meet the current NUFC transfer 'model'.

Getting Shane Long for a much reduced fee (due to his contract expiring in the Summer) would seem to fit the way NUFC go about transfers under this regime. Shola isn't getting a new contract so he will need replacing. It is far from guaranteed that Remy will be here next season. Shola and Remy out with Long and Gomis in for low fees would meet the current NUFC transfer 'model'.

If we where to sign Long would we need Gomis? We would need someone capable og getting 20 goals but I don't think Gomis is that man.

When he went to West Brom I definitely thought we should have been in for him, not quite as sure about him now but he'd still be a useful option up front.  With 6 months left on his contract in January we should be able to get him for £2-3m.

If we where to sign Long would we need Gomis? We would need someone capable og getting 20 goals but I don't think Gomis is that man.

Cisse should really be that player, if he can't get back to form we should be replacing him with someone like that.  If Cisse can't get it together then I'd like to see:

In: Remy, Gomis, Long, Cisse replacement

Out: Cisse, Shola, Obertan, Marveaux

Very unlikely we're going to see that many changes in the next two windows, but I can dream.

Cisse should really be that player, if he can't get back to form we should be replacing him with someone like that.  If Cisse can't get it together then I'd like to see:

In: Remy, Gomis, Long, Cisse replacement

Out: Cisse, Shola, Obertan, Marveaux

Very unlikely we're going to see that many changes in the next two windows, but I can dream.

We wouldn't get a 4th striker for Cisse's replacement. Remy or Gomis would be his replacement, however you want to see it.