NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Much rather we spent that £28m on Austin and a CB.  Cough up the £15m QPR wanted, and there's £13m for a quality CB.

Instead we get another midfielder to add to the 12+ we already have and an unproven striker who seems like a right t***

Love how there's always something to complain about  :lol:

You guys really need to be more upbeat.

Much rather we spent that £28m on Austin and a CB.  Cough up the £15m QPR wanted, and there's £13m for a quality CB.

Instead we get another midfielder to add to the 12+ we already have and an unproven striker who seems like a right t***

I see it more as an observation than a complaint :D

Besides if we are to believe the report, there's more than 30m left to find a CB and whatever else. I don't personally believe a word of it but if you believe the 28m part then you believe the 60m part :lol:

I see it more as an observation than a complaint :D

I feel you man  O0

Those are two really talented players of a pretty high calibre so pretty happy tbh if true.

The CB will come along soon also I hope. Really like the look of Matip, so would be chuffed with that.

If thats true I would be impressed but I cant see it.

This isn't a dig at you personally, but it's really depressing to see what we've been reduced to. It takes one thing and one thing only to sign football players, money. We've got fucking loads of it. I remember when making signings was the bit we took for granted and we waited to be 'impressed' at the weekend by the way the team played.

If thats true I would be impressed but I cant see it.

This isn't a dig at you personally, but it's really depressing to see what we've been reduced to. It takes one thing and one thing only to sign football players, money. We've got fucking loads of it. I remember when making signings was the bit we took for granted and we waited to be 'impressed' at the weekend by the way the team played.

Thats how I feel. You never know we might sign them but theres no point getting excited as more than likely well be let down. I used to love transfer windows but Im not arsed anymore, not arsed about much to do with NUFC to be honest. I would get excites if we spent 60 million quid but I doubt itll happen.

I doubt any club would pay what we want for Sissoko tbh, especially considering how poor he was this season overall.

They might not pay what we want but we'll get decent money for him. He's probably a lot higher regarded outside of Newcastle.

How many do we need to sign just to have parity with last season?

We've lost seven players since we last signed one (Ben Arfa, Yanga-Mbiwa, Santon, Jonas, Alnwick, R.Taylor & Sammy Ameobi).

I'd say only HBA, Mbiwa & Santon going hurts though, and pretty sure Cabella was Ben Arfa's replacement.

We've lost seven players since we last signed one (Ben Arfa, Yanga-Mbiwa, Santon, Jonas, Alnwick, R.Taylor & Sammy Ameobi).

I'd say only HBA, Mbiwa & Santon going hurts though, and pretty sure Cabella was Ben Arfa's replacement.

:anguish:

:anguish:

I'm not saying it was right mind. :lol:

As much as De Jong and Cabella share some skillsets which Cabaye has we never really replaced Cabaye either and Remy obviously.

So basically you are looking at Cabaye, Ben Arfa, MYM, Remy and Santon and none of them have been replaced properly.

Guest antz1uk

any ideas how much it would cost for Shawcross? not that he'd want to come here like, but that's what we need, an already established good defender that can slot straight in

any ideas how much it would cost for Shawcross? not that he'd want to come here like, but that's what we need, an already established good defender that can slot straight in

Agreed, he'd be a great fit. No way in hell he'd leave his captaincy and Stoke, a club exhibiting far more ambition than Newcastle at the moment.

Guest antz1uk

Teams aren't selling low, he's English, he's good and we desperately need a centre-back. He'd go for around £15m I'd imagine.

peanuts for what he'd bring to the table