The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

13 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Slot bigger up Minteh a lot. Seems to believe in youth. 

He’s not a brand name but seems a good coach. Not sure what to expect. 

Ten Hag mark 2 ? 

Hmmm ... I see people are trying to rush Iraola on to a bigger club already. Isn't this what we complain about when it's done regarding our players?

He was very close to getting sacked early on, as the noise was out there it was coming, after a very rough start. But they stuck with him and it has paid off.

Think he needs to show more than just one season personally. Let Bournemouth enjoy having the good hire they made at the helm for a bit. Geez.

To be fair to De Zerbi, Brighton have had rotten injuries this season.

His Sassuolo side was very similar though. They punched above their weight, were very easy on the eye, but wide open as a defensive unit.

Sean Dyche staying true to his roots is unreal. Most creative player in the team is Pickford. Literally American football vibes with the way they bomb it up 50 yards up the pitch from GK every attack. Then sometimes they give it to that guy who can run with it.

3 minutes ago, OCK said:

Sean Dyche staying true to his roots is unreal. Most creative player in the team is Pickford. Literally American football vibes with the way they bomb it up 50 yards up the pitch from GK every attack. Then sometimes they give it to that guy who can run with it.

He'd have them comfortably mid-table without the points deduction too.

16 minutes ago, Froggy said:

He'd have them comfortably mid-table without the points deduction too.

They'd be a less competitive team without cheating FFP though.

2 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

They'd be a less competitive team without cheating FFP though.

Give how shite their signings have been, I'm not sure this is the case. :lol:

I'd be interested to see what De Zerbi could do with better players, but to be honest it doesn't feel like his brand of manufacturing counter attacks whilst in possession would really suit top club management. His Brighton team is all about coaxing out an opposition press in order to gain numerical advantages further up the pitch. If you're Liverpool manager you're probably not going to coax a press out of 70% of teams you face whatever you try. 

11 hours ago, Pata said:

I don't think this is fair at all, 3 months with Palermo was the only bad one. Benevento who he relegated were in Serie A for the first time in their history. Getting 8th twice with Sassuolo was great and they played really good football. Massive injury problems with a European campaign and selling key players this season but everyone was scared of Brighton last season.

I would never swap Howe for De Zerbi but he will have a really good career as a manager and his next job will be a big club.

Big club maybe but nowhere near the level of Bayern or Liverpool in my opinion 

2 hours ago, OCK said:

Honestly, I have to admire it. Dyche is just like... the anti-Pep. 

What I admire about Dyche is he shaves his head, he's not actually bald. Very impressive.

It’s a shame for Dyche because he’s good at what he does, his brand of football is effective but won’t be accepted long term by much of the Everton fan base. They have a degree of expectation that exceeds what Dyche represents, so he’s always a bad run away from being turned on there.. 

Edited by Nine

28 minutes ago, Nine said:

It’s a shame for Dyche because he’s good at what he does, his brand of football is effective but won’t be accepted long term by much of the Everton fan base. They have a degree of expectation that exceeds what Dyche represents, so he’s always a bad run away from being turned on there.. 

He won't be accepted any more than Moyes has been accepted by West Ham fans. That sort of football has a ceiling, and it's not particularly good to watch.

Why are West ham so desperate to get rid of Moyes? Not great on the eyes and neither is his football but do they really think someone will come in and start getting them in the top six every season?

3 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Why are West ham so desperate to get rid of Moyes? Not great on the eyes and neither is his football but do they really think someone will come in and start getting them in the top six every season?

They'll re-employee him when his replacement's replacement doesn't work out. 

4 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Can't blame them for being ambitious if they think they can get an elite manager to push them on to the next step

17 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

17th in expected points, horrible with a decent squad like that.

(Man United 15th :iamatwat:)