The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

I don't watch enough West Ham to know the score properly but from an outsider's perspective West Ham should think carefully before changing manager.  They have fucked about with LOADS of managers, of varying abilities and backgrounds over the last 20 or 30 years and not once struck a formula like they have the last few years with Moyes.

Edited by Interpolic

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

Aye, he’s shown he can build a reasonably solid team which is competitive enough to challenge for the top 8 places consistently, although again he does have a wobbly season in him. It’s the nature of the game now, however, at Everton he was afforded a bad or off season and I’m sure we will see calls for Howe to go if we have a poor season this or next, from within and outside of the fanbase. I hope not!

I think Moyes is the greatest 6th to 8th place manager, PL has ever seen. Give him time and he can get any team to 6th-9th position on a budget. Look at some of his signings at Everton on a budget - Coleman, Howard, Pienaar, Arteta, Cahil, Lescott, Baines - brilliant.  But when he is given money, it seems like he hits a ceiling and then bounces low. 

1 hour ago, Interpolic said:

I don't watch enough West Ham to know the score properly but from an outsider's perspective West Ham should think carefully before changing manager.  They have fucked about with LOADS of managers, of varying abilities and backgrounds over the last 20 or 30 years and not once struck a formula like they have the last few years with Moyes.

Spunking £150m making them worse over the summer. Saying that they’d be daft to change just like they were daft to let him buy non-Moyes players.

I remember Everton would sometimes go on some really poor runs of form but they still always managed to finish around the same couple of positions, was an amazing achievement. He had a great core to the team for years though, Phil Neville, Jagielka, Distin, Coleman, Baines, Osman, Cahill and Howard. The only way a team without huge resources can finish that consistently well is if they manage to hold onto their best players every season. It was like everyone in that side was a 7/10 player at worst 

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

I remember Everton would sometimes go on some really poor runs of form but they still always managed to finish around the same couple of positions, was an amazing achievement. He had a great core to the team for years though, Phil Neville, Jagielka, Distin, Coleman, Baines, Osman, Cahill and Howard. The only way a team without huge resources can finish that consistently well is if they manage to hold onto their best players every season. It was like everyone in that side was a 7/10 player at worst 

He assembled that core on budget though. Credit to him for that. 

17 hours ago, gbandit said:

Seem to recall they had a knack for going for 4/5th one season to 17th the next and vice versa.

Weren't they booted from the Champions League in 2005 (?) to make way for Liverpool who hadn't qualified through league but as holders?

5 hours ago, joeyt said:

Hull sacked their manager

Our boy would have been in with a shot had West Brom logically binned him off by now. That one scabby win he's had has cost his trapezoid scam £1millions.

Edited by Wolfcastle

They move the ball nicely enough and have a really quality set of players technically. However, they seem really poorly coached. They are so slow in their build up play and often end up taking shots from distance, it seems like their movement is the major issue and breaking forward at pace rather than trying to let everyone get a touch 

1 minute ago, maze said:

How long will ETH last if Manure continue their current form in the league? Can’t be bothered to look it up, but they have spent a lot. 

Current form? They’ve won every league game since mid August before this one.