The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Man U fans not having to put up with the same shit as other clubs until now is amazing. 30 years of Fergie rule, they'll not get another manager like that for a long time. They're going to suffer the same old chop and change of manager, mismatch of player and style all the other clubs get.

Sir Alex Ferguson never finished outside the top 3 in his 21 Premier League seasons. Since he retired, United have managed that in 5 of the 6 seasons

Sir Alex Ferguson never finished outside the top 3 in his 21 Premier League seasons. Since he retired, United have managed that in 5 of the 6 seasons

He saw the end coming, got out while he could. Master until the end.

Not so sure.  I think the years since are reiterating just how good he was.  Still a wanker mind 😏

f*** that. He was the one who picked 'The Chosen One' Moyes to take over the reins. Brings a chuckle to.me until this day seeing 'The Chosen One' with a pic of Moyes banner being proudly unfurled and dispalyed during matches at Old Trafford in those days, simliar to the OGS ones right now seeing how badly they have both f***ed up the job there.

f*** that. He was the one who picked 'The Chosen One' Moyes to take over the reins. Brings a chuckle to.me until this day seeing 'The Chosen One' with a pic of Moyes banner being proudly unfurled and dispalyed during matches at Old Trafford in those days, simliar to the OGS ones right now seeing how badly they have both f***ed up the job there.

God forbid fans get behind their manager. :lol:

God forbid fans get behind their manager. :lol:

This is true.

Wish he had been playing under a better manager while with us. Showed at West Ham and Spurs what kind of player we missed out on. Not that he was terrible for us, but he under the right manager he could have been way better.

Wish he had been playing under a better manager while with us. Showed at West Ham and Spurs what kind of player we missed out on. Not that he was terrible for us, but he under the right manager he could have been way better.

Really? I just think he was overrated.

Not sure. Reckon hes going to go down the "hard graft" Greame Souness route, rather than actually trying learn the game.

Don't mind him as a blerk though.

Tireless, I will give him that, and certainly became more positionally aware with age but he was never a great technician of the ball.

Give me a Longstaff type all day.

Tireless, I will give him that, and certainly became more positionally aware with age but he was never a great technician of the ball.

Give me a Longstaff type all day.

Was West Ham player of the year two years in a row, was in contention to get it the season they were relegated too and was in the England squad. Was Tottenham player of the year first season for them. Looked like he was playing more creatively for the other sides than us in addition to the work rate he had. As alluded to above, it was a lot of spinaroonies and sideway passes I rarely saw of him afterwards.