The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

8 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Aye, righto….Like those quality players Ferguson signed like Kleberson, Taibi, Powell, Djemba-Djemba, Veron, Bebe, Prunier, Tosic, Bellion, Ljajic, Obertan, Fangzhuo…

Edited by Manxst

Guest neesy111
1 minute ago, Manxst said:

Aye, righto….Like those quality players Ferguson signed like Kleberson, Taibi, Powell, Djemba-Djemba, Veron, Bebe, Prunier, Tosic, Bellion, Ljajic, Obertan, Fangzhuo…

Like most managers, bought some good players and bad ones.

It's rare you get managers having a very good success rate.  Klopp's transfer record stands out for me.

2 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Like most managers, bought some good players and bad ones.

It's rare you get managers having a very good success rate.  Klopp's transfer record stands out for me.

Agreed, but I don’t think Fergusons success rate is anything to write home about. He struck lucky with the likes of Cantona, but to say he’d automatically sign quality replacement players with money is pushing the boat a little. Every manager has shitty signings though, it seems.  

On 12/04/2022 at 21:06, The Bonk said:

I honestly haven't paid much attention, just seemed anecdotally to be the case. Rashford, Greenwood and Lingard are all I can think of who have been through the ranks. 

How many has other top teams in the Premier League got that came through the ranks though? 

Liverpool has Trent and not much else. 

City has Foden. 

Chelsea is probably the big one with Mount, Hudson-Odoi, Loftus-Cheek and James. 

Arsenal Saka, Smith-Rowe. 

Spurs has Kane. 

I'm sure I've forgot a fair few, but for a top Premier League club, I would say Man United has been pretty good with nurturing their own talents. 

3 hours ago, Nobody said:

How many has other top teams in the Premier League got that came through the ranks though? 

Liverpool has Trent and not much else. 

City has Foden. 

Chelsea is probably the big one with Mount, Hudson-Odoi, Loftus-Cheek and James. 

Arsenal Saka, Smith-Rowe. 

Spurs has Kane. 

I'm sure I've forgot a fair few, but for a top Premier League club, I would say Man United has been pretty good with nurturing their own talents. 

Why do they always flame out? Whereas the other players you mention have higher/active roles within their respective clubs? 

Chelsea are definitely the pristine model and you're not wrong in that assessment across the big clubs.

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, 54 said:

Dyche Leaving Burnley?

He’s their best bet of staying up and has done a great job at Burnley. He will be the next Everton manager soon, guaranteed!

We do know that statistically, the new manager bounce doesn't exist right?

Be really interesting to see who they hire. They can't hire a progressive manager because they won't have enough time to change the culture.

It will have to be a pragmatic move.

Rafa? :lol: