The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

There is a small part of me that's a bit sad for Conte, in the last 6 months, he's lost 3 people that he was really close to him, then had to have surgery due to illness, it's clear that the culmination of everything is getting to him, and he probably doesn't have it in him at the moment to get himself going for a club like Spurs.

1 hour ago, 54 said:

There is a small part of me that's a bit sad for Conte, in the last 6 months, he's lost 3 people that he was really close to him, then had to have surgery due to illness, it's clear that the culmination of everything is getting to him, and he probably doesn't have it in him at the moment to get himself going for a club like Spurs.

Doesn't he have form for this though ? And as much as his personal circumstances have been terrible it could also give perspective.

There’s a difference between saying “I’ve not been backed enough or we need to be stronger in the transfer market” which he’s said before and “Tottenham are a failure because of how they’re run.” You know what you’re getting if you appoint Conte and Levy is clearly a very pragmatic person but he knows that the Tottenham fans are turning on him and the board and that Conte is providing a voice for them. Would be really odd if he was to remain in post but given there’s ten games left for them, who knows 

2 hours ago, FinnMag said:

Conte is real weasel[emoji38]  He is trying to get sacked, so he can continue to travel on to next destination for another hefty paycheck.

The quality of wig he paid for won’t come cheap.

35 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

What a weasel. We’ve seen that a top manager can turn around the most toxic of dressing rooms - Howe, Emery, Ten Haag. 

He’s got the best English striker of his generation in Kane, World Cup winners in Lloris and Romero, Richarlison who basically kept Everton up through sheer bloody mindedness. I think it’s an absolute cop out for him to blame the players.

How he set his team up vs Milan second leg was all on him. Daniel Levy didn’t make him play a pathetic low block turgid game. 

10 games left. Is it worth sacking him for

multi millions, when his contract is soon up anyway? Or will a new manager get a bounce to assist them to a CL place? Big decision for Levy, especially as he’s only got two weeks to get it right. 

59 minutes ago, jack j said:

Ryan Mason favourite [emoji38]

Be a right buzz for our champions league hopes if they go for a Caretaker til end of the season

I'm not so confident. I can see them getting a boost just from not having Conte raging around the place. Kind of like us and the bounce that was probably just as much relief of Souness being gone than Roeder's actual ability.