The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

13 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

The new Steve Bruce/era of PFMs. Getting defended for doing a shit job in the media because you have mates there. Poor from Carragher.

:lol: Is there a word template these idiots use? The football is rank and when Liverpool beat Everton on the weekend, the Scouse Mackems will turn on Lampard too.

Edited by The Bonk

I am now convinced that there is absolutely nothing worse than having a terrible manager in charge that everyone outside of the club makes excuses for.

Nothing makes football more intolerable and impossible to enjoy IMO. It is the absolute worst. Aston Villa have a decent amount of money, good players, a supportive owner ... and they just can't get the manager right. 

They are going to suffer so much because of the Gerrard appointment man. Unless the club is honest enough with themselves to sack him and deal with the inevitable media outcry and backlash.

The Gerrard situation could get nasty is they leave it too long. Not sure who is available to take them on, don’t think Poch would go. Potter wouldn’t jump ship to them either. Perhaps Emery would if the money was right?

I think the way Wolves is ran makes them a bit more passive, aye Lage has went to shit, but we’ll just replace him with another random Portuguese guy. 

Rodgers is practically begging for the sack. 

My hot take is that Lampard will survive the season and they’ll stay up too.

10 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

The Gerrard situation could get nasty is they leave it too long. Not sure who is available to take them on, don’t think Poch would go. Potter wouldn’t jump ship to them either. Perhaps Emery would if the money was right?

I think the way Wolves is ran makes them a bit more passive, aye Lage has went to shit, but we’ll just replace him with another random Portuguese guy. 

Rodgers is practically begging for the sack. 

My hot take is that Lampard will survive the season and they’ll stay up too.

Potter is a villa fan so wouldn't rule it out 

Wonder how Scott Parker is feeling this morning? Fucking idiot.

Also, if Bournemouth hire O'Neil off the back of a couple of decent results they deserve to go down. Would be nice to see them have some forward planning rather than just reacting to a result or two.

They can't afford to sack him.

Could see Villa paying for him. Thing with villa, they will likely back Rodgers but will they also find themselves in a similar financial position in a year or two? Both Lampard and Gerrard have probably given themselves a stay of execution this weekend though. 

Rodgers has hardly not been backed by Leicester..  also it's not like they were gutted by player departures. Just Fofana, who they spent 20m to replace. Schmiechel was replaced and already off and choudhury wasn't a loss. 

https://www.transfermarkt.us/leicester-city/alletransfers/verein/1003

I can understand Rodgers wanting to improve but they have every window previous. Makes it more crazy they wouldn't at least meet us in the middle for Maddison or sell Tielmans, who they will be lucky to get anything for now in January.

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

He’s blaming the fans ?

Reading the comments on their forum the Leicester fans seem like a good bunch, taking the current situation with humour but it obvious he has to go