The Managerial Merry Go Round™ - Brighton appoint Fabian Hurzeler / Ten Hag to stay at Man Utd

cp40

Wouldn’t it be nice for them to have their sporting director in place to lead the decision on the replacement. 

Pay up folks

Just now, Jack27 said:

Wouldn’t it be nice for them to have their sporting director in place to lead the decision on the replacement. 

Pay up folks

He’s clearly already having an input mind ?

1 hour ago, Jack27 said:

Nice timing!

At least when Spurs sacked Mourinho before the final they sent him packing.

Imagine having a manager that's been sacked sitting in the dugout for the game still.

The evidence against this regime just keeps piling up!

2 hours ago, El Prontonise said:

Xavi brought this sacking on himself, flip flopping between leaving and staying and then basically saying they couldn't complete.

Canny little hustle, getting them to convince him to stay then getting a pay off a few weeks later. :lol: 

ah man, it's funny how badly the whole thing has been handled :lol: but it'll turn out alright for them. ten Hag was fucking shocking.

I rate McKenna, but just hope the the job is too early for him and he fails miserably.

3 minutes ago, Big River said:

ah man, it's funny how badly the whole thing has been handled :lol: but it'll turn out alright for them. ten Hag was fucking shocking.

I rate McKenna, but just hope the the job is too early for him and he fails miserably.

I think buy in is what a manager lives and dies by, the Ipswich lads haven bought into McKenna as he’s improved all of their careers and they know they owe a big part of that too him. Similar to Howe and Rafa here, the players could see they were improved (and in some instances had their careers saved). 

At Man U that dynamic isn’t really there, these are all established internationals for the most part and have seen managers come and go. There was noises that his training sessions when at Man U weren’t all that liked. 

It’s why unless you are a former elite player (like Alonso) or a serial winner (Pep, Ancelotti) it’s incredibly hard to motivate players at these mega clubs unless the situation is already favourable. 

McKenna’s profile looks very impressive. He’ll clearly have a great career in the premier league overall, making a success of Man U is a huge challenge. I think if he could gut the squad of the longer term players he might be successful there, even with the Glazers still as majority owners

5 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

I think buy in is what a manager lives and dies by, the Ipswich lads haven bought into McKenna as he’s improved all of their careers and they know they owe a big part of that too him. Similar to Howe and Rafa here, the players could see they were improved (and in some instances had their careers saved).

At Man U that dynamic isn’t really there, these are all established internationals for the most part and have seen managers come and go. There was noises that his training sessions when at Man U weren’t all that liked.

bang on. he'd be far better off going somewhere like Brighton. but, Man Poonited are his boyhood club etc so you can't really blame him. he probably knows himself it's unlikely he'll succeed.

Frank and Tuchel would be disasters. Poch would be fine but wouldn’t get them back up to being challengers, I think McKenna is their best bet in all honesty but only if he has a lot of control 

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Frank and Tuchel would be disasters. Poch would be fine but wouldn’t get them back up to being challengers, I think McKenna is their best bet in all honesty but only if he has a lot of control 

But will he? 

Worth noting the leak merchants were feeding the press with stories of how they hated McKenna's training style and compared him to a school teacher. 

Granted this was years ago, but some of them are still there. 

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Worth noting the leak merchants were feeding the press with stories of how they hated McKenna's training style and compared him to a school teacher. 

They hate the new manager already!

This just keeps getting better and better!

11 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Meals on Wheels?

4 hours ago, El Prontonise said:

Xavi brought this sacking on himself, flip flopping between leaving and staying and then basically saying they couldn't complete.

Wonder if he’ll bother going elsewhere in a top league. Doesn’t seem to have enjoyed managing particularly.