mackems vs Newcastle United - Sunday 27th October @ 1.30pm (live on Sky)

Skirge
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eh? It's true isn't it? We don't have any more purpose than they do. We have a better stadium and a better team obviously, but we're all scrapping for very similar mid table spots while Mancester and London compete for the top. I don't like it but it's the situation.

Eh? It's true isn't it? We don't have any more purpose than they do. We have a better stadium and a better team obviously, but we're all scrapping for very similar mid table spots while Mancester and London compete for the top. I don't like it but it's the situation.

If we're saying that's not the complete bullshit it is, there's still the question of why these Manchester and London fans have mostly nice things to say about clubs like Newcastle and Everton, yet consistently trash Sunderland as a nothing club.

If you want to shrug your shoulders and just broadly collect two thirds of the division together like that, then cool.

I see there being clear differences between you and Sunderland beyond the tangible aspects you've mentioned (which, fwiw, provide a massive distinction by themselves).

That's not some pro-Newcastle bollocks just because I'm here. I think the difference is clear to see. Going "well, at the end of the day, we're pretty much on the same level looking for the same things" strikes me as lacking passion and conviction.

I'm not using the word "purpose" in a strict, literal sense either. No club is definitively "meant" to do X, Y or Z, but it's clear where Sunderland's position is. I think trying to categorise yourselves as being in roughly the same position is to do a massive disservice to you as a club, and would seem in line with the systematic attempts of lowering of fans' expectations your owner/manager appear intent on persisting with.

Sunderland is such a shitty club though, in pretty much all aspects. Never met anyone who had anything good to say about them. (This being non-Newcastle fans, of course. Otherwise it'd be a moot point to make. :lol:)

I've always regarded them as genuinely just an insignificant club. Their purpose seems to be float around not doing much and then when they get bored of that, get relegated.

There's very, very little appeal to Sunderland as a whole and I have no idea how they're actually going to overcome that, because that is the main barrier preventing any sort of progress.

That's a bit harsh. Think the same could be said of Swansea 5 years ago.

Sunderland is such a shitty club though, in pretty much all aspects. Never met anyone who had anything good to say about them. (This being non-Newcastle fans, of course. Otherwise it'd be a moot point to make. :lol:)

I've always regarded them as genuinely just an insignificant club. Their purpose seems to be float around not doing much and then when they get bored of that, get relegated.

There's very, very little appeal to Sunderland as a whole and I have no idea how they're actually going to overcome that, because that is the main barrier preventing any sort of progress.

It could be. And I still have no idea how Sunderland will progress in a similar vein. They can prove me wrong and I'll happily hold my hands up.

Swansea don't have mackems. That's the dealbreaker.

Why do I have this overwhelming feeling that this is the day for Hatem........whenever,whatever way he plays his part  .......there will be magic ..... probably after several dissapointing runs ...lost passes... and then .................    magic.

( God I've almost convincend myself  ..................bloody hope)

Easier to change a mindset of fans when they're lower league and have 5,000 in attendance than changed one which has 30,000 odd turning up each and every game wanting Kevin Ball leading the troops in to battle.

To a much lesser degree we're the same and if it wasn't for Keegan/Robson we'd be the same.

"http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/questions-from-newcastle-fans.828000/"

Hi Lads, I'm a Newcastle fan and I just wanted to pop over to ask you some questions before the match. I'm from a popular NUFC fan site and this seems like the perfect Sunderland forum to take part in our pre match build up that we do each week. The questions are:

1 - How do you think you’ll line up?

2 – How was Sunderland’s summer? Are you happy with the transfer deals done?

3 – Were you pleased that Di Canio was sacked? Is Gus Poyet the right man going forward?

4 – Do you have any talent coming through your academy? Who are the ‘ones to watch’?

5 – Who should we watch out for / who is your biggest threat?

6 – Which of our players do you consider to be our biggest threat?

7 – What is your prediction for Sunderland this season?

8 – How do you think Newcastle will do this season?

9 – Scoreline prediction?

10 – If your football club was a fruit, what fruit would it be?

Thanks for doing this!

Guess the first reply

Hi Lads, I'm a Newcastle fan and I just wanted to pop over to ask you some questions before the match. I'm from a popular NUFC fan site and this seems like the perfect Sunderland forum to take part in our pre match build up that we do each week. The questions are:

3 – Were you pleased that Di Canio was sacked? Is Gus Poyet the right man going forward?

4 – Do you have any talent coming through your academy? Who are the ‘ones to watch’?

Thanks for doing this!

Guess the first reply

at a guess "fuck off you bar code bassa"

Thanks for doing this!

Guess the first reply

at a guess "fuck off you bar code bassa"

Says a bit about the massive gulf of class tbh, on a forum level at least. Honestly think if someone came onto here asking the same thing from a Sunderland perspective there'd at least be some proper answers.

If you want to shrug your shoulders and just broadly collect two thirds of the division together like that, then cool.

I see there being clear differences between you and Sunderland beyond the tangible aspects you've mentioned (which, fwiw, provide a massive distinction by themselves).

That's not some pro-Newcastle bollocks just because I'm here. I think the difference is clear to see. Going "well, at the end of the day, we're pretty much on the same level looking for the same things" strikes me as lacking passion and conviction.

I'm not using the word "purpose" in a strict, literal sense either. No club is definitively "meant" to do X, Y or Z, but it's clear where Sunderland's position is. I think trying to categorise yourselves as being in roughly the same position is to do a massive disservice to you as a club, and would seem in line with the systematic attempts of lowering of fans' expectations your owner/manager appear intent on persisting with.

It goes beyond football IMO. Newcastle as a city is far more attractive, cosmopolitan and distinctive. Sunderland just looks like a poor man's version in every respect. They are so obsessed with us they even redesigned their club badge to look more like ours. That's not bias talking either, Durham City is in Wearside, but it's an attractive destination in it's own right. Unlike the shithole known as Sunderland.

Skimmed through all 5 pages of that thread with the questions and not one fucking proper reply. :lol: Classless bastards. We have a couple of mackems on here who are good posters don't we? If the shoe was on the other foot we wouldn't get a look in with those morons.

It goes beyond football IMO. Newcastle as a city is far more attractive, cosmopolitan and distinctive. Sunderland just looks like a poor man's version in every respect. They are so obsessed with us they even redesigned their club badge to look more like ours. That's not bias talking either, Durham City is in Wearside, but it's an attractive destination in it's own right. Unlike the shithole known as Sunderland.

the spiteful rivalries do. liverpool/manchester is similar in that it goes beyond football, the story going that the manchester ship canal saw an end to liverpool as a port of world significance and the antipathy between the two cities as a result. I did here a story about the non football tensions between cardiff and swansea (in my mind the only derby that comes close to ours for spite) but I'm buggered if I can remember it.