mackems vs Newcastle United - Sunday 27th October @ 1.30pm (live on Sky)

Skirge
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The way Dummett played on Saturday I have no worries at all. He is a local lad who will clearly be up for it.

I love your positivity, but we're talking about a 5'10" full back who's never started in the PL and you're confident in his ability to play CB because he'll be 'up for it'. Hope and fucking pray Taylor's fit.

Guest Geordiesned

Why? Taylor is a liability and has been for a long long time. His positioning his terrible and he's more about fist pumping and "being up for it" than anyone else on our books.

You're reducing Taylor to a caricature. He's not a complete disaster by any stretch of the imagination. Prone to spells of idiocy yes, but  he has by and large during his time here, been a consistent and competent performer.

Agree, I'd rather one of Colo/Mapou was available but I don't see any reason to prefer Dummett to Taylor (at CB).

Taylor is expected to be fit according to the Chronicle, he's been training ok with no adverse reaction to the hamstring injury. I'm not too fussed if Pardew decides to go with Dummet for one game though. I think Willo and Dummet should cope okay with Sunderland's misfiring strikers.

Anyone on here from Essex?  Planning to watch the match in The Broker in Leigh on Sea unless anyone can give me a better venue...

Note, I am not from Essex, I just happen to be down there this weekend for another reason....

Guest Slippery Sam

pussy. Tell him we're gonna win 6-0 and kick him in the face.

I'm willing to kick him in the face but no way am I claiming a 6-0 ;D

Tell him 9 - 1, to revenge that defeat which has been hurting us beyond belief for sooooo long. I've lost so much sleep over it.

Mackem at work was saying to me that the pressure is off them for sunday and all the pressure is all on us. I was a bit confused/surprised with that because a) it is their first home game under a new manager and b) they still have chance of survival, but if they dont win on Sunday that will almost certainly knock all of the remaining confidence the players may have. I would say the pressure is more on them for definate imo, and the crowd will be nervous and edgy from the off.

Taylor was doing very well for us before his daft sending off and subsequent injury. I don't have faith in him to stay fit for any length of time but he is dependable enough when called upon. No doubt in mind I'd much rather him in the team with Williamson than Dummett.

Taylor was doing very well for us before his daft sending off and subsequent injury. I don't have faith in him to stay fit for any length of time but he is dependable enough when called upon. No doubt in mind I'd much rather him in the team with Williamson than Dummett.

Pretty much this, he is decent CB, just his fitness has always been his problem, that and the fact that someone should chop off his hands as well.

Mackem at work was saying to me that the pressure is off them for sunday and all the pressure is all on us. I was a bit confused/surprised with that because a) it is their first home game under a new manager and b) they still have chance of survival, but if they dont win on Sunday that will almost certainly knock all of the remaining confidence the players may have. I would say the pressure is more on them for definate imo, and the crowd will be nervous and edgy from the off.

Pressure is certainly on them, but it is also on us. Pressure is always on both teams for derbies just one usually has more than the other.

We by alright should win this, man for man we are better than them, form wise we are better than them, confidence wise we are better than them, so the pressure is on us to get the result, plus you can also say that the pressure is on us to right the wrongs from the 3-0 last season.

The pressure is mostly on them though because of the situation they are in, new manager needing a result, and this is probably the last chance their players have of gaining confidence for a while now.

Not very confident, first game at home for their manager, lots of defenders missing for us, fully expect them to come flying at us from the start, which is not something we've coped well with in the past. Get through the first 15-25 mins and our class should start to show though.

The only pressure on us possibly is the pressure of expectation, but i think we all wont be going down that road again after last season.

The only worry I've got in the back of my mind is that everyone now expects them to lose. It seems tailor made for a Pardew inspired implosion.

The team with one point and who are fighting to stay in the league say the pressure is on their mid table rivals?  :lol: