mackems vs Newcastle United - Sunday 27th October @ 1.30pm (live on Sky)

Skirge
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I hate Ashley and chronies as much as the next guy and we should have brought in a CB.

But having 3 of your 4 CBs out at the same time is unbelievable bad luck and hardly happens at any other club.

Perhaps because other clubs buy CBs fit for purpose and replace the injury prone?

Perch should've been kept for situations like this. If we bought another CB in the summer we would've needed to get rid of either Colo, MYM or Taylor and Willo would still be starting on Sunday.

Dummett and Willo should be fine with what they can throw at us. They just don't score this season. Thankfully.

Dummett and Willo ffs. Beyond a joke that might be our CB pairing for an important PL fixture. Well done to Carr, Ashley and Kinnear. Cunts.

Bit harsh on Carr, he pushed for the signing of Douglas (and others we don't know about?)

Harsh and outrageously idiotic. Labelling people cunts for a reaction is Ronaldo's act.

Our defence might be weak but we can still score one more than these dafties. Nerves are starting to creep in now like.

Guest Roger Kint

As much as I hate to say this, I don't know many teams with our aspirations who have 5 decent centre half's in their squad.

True but further proves the stupidity of selling Perch for a few quid.

Fwiw Good would be a daft choice seeing as he played all(or at least most) of his senior games at LB for Bradford didnt he? One CB game v Morecambe isnt enough, Dummett clearly isnt ideal either but at least he performed well last game in the PL.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/gutless-sunderland-stars-insist-care-2484116

[David] Vaughan added: "We've come in for criticism from different aspects of the media and fans, so this is an opportunity for us to answer back. It does dent your pride a bit.

"Losing the games we have and our start to the season means people are going to take digs at us. We're hurting from it but we've got to stay positive and we need to get up the table as quickly as possible.

"People are calling it a 'must-win' against Newcastle, I think it is important that we don't lose."

To be fair to him, a draw would see them double their point tally and could move them as close as only 6 points away from safety.

Perch should've been kept for situations like this. If we bought another CB in the summer we would've needed to get rid of either Colo, MYM or Taylor and Willo would still be starting on Sunday.

Yep. I was all for letting Perch go and replacing him with somebody better. To do he first and fail to do the second was incredibly short sighted knowing the history of our remaining centre back options. Still, 750k in the bank.. :celb:

Guest neesy111

So, is anywhere other than Paully mentioning an injury to Taylor?

Not saying he's wrong but these things tend to spread all over the internet

I'm sure we'll find out tomorrow in Pardew's presser.

my mate works for Dummetts dad and he told me last night that all the training so far this week as been with Willo and Dummett playing together at centre half and no sign yet of Saylor

my mate works for Dummetts dad and he told me last night that all the training so far this week as been with Willo and Dummett playing together at centre half and no sign yet of Saylor

Guess it's not in our interest to publicise the fact that Saylor might not be fit for the game.

Unfortunately the way Pardew seemed to rate him, had he stayed he'd have played ahead of Anita in the first 6 or so games so would have been more of a detriment.