Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20140301/pardew-apologises-for-touchline-incident_2281670_3693108

Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew has apologised for his part in a touchline altercation which saw him sent to the stands against Hull City on Saturday.

Midway through the second half the Magpies' boss became involved in an incident with opposition midfielder David Meyler as the ball ran out for a throw-in near the dug-outs.

Meyler was booked and Pardew dismissed by referee Kevin Friend following the clash, and the manager admits he was in the wrong.

"Apart from myself, everyone in the squad was brilliant today," said Pardew, having seen his side run out 4-1 winners at the KC Stadium.

"Everyone has got nine out of ten, except me. The incident involving myself is not good enough.

"I'm the Newcastle United manager and I would like to apologise to all our fans for my conduct.

"It was wrong and is a wake-up call for me to go and sit down and have a think.

"I did not mean any damage to the guy but I have moved my head forward. I tried to push him away with my head but I should not have done that.

"I apologise to everyone. I should not have got involved in it."

I often push people away with my head as well :lol:

Thought you were more a choke slam guy.

Meyler is a total c*** in all fairness. Mackem whopper

Why?

Did he need to push him out of the way?

He was trying to get the ball

And Pardew was trying to push him away with his head. Don't see the issue personally.

Warranted push by Pardew IMO.

Guest bimpy474

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20140301/pardew-apologises-for-touchline-incident_2281670_3693108

Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew has apologised for his part in a touchline altercation which saw him sent to the stands against Hull City on Saturday.

Midway through the second half the Magpies' boss became involved in an incident with opposition midfielder David Meyler as the ball ran out for a throw-in near the dug-outs.

Meyler was booked and Pardew dismissed by referee Kevin Friend following the clash, and the manager admits he was in the wrong.

"Apart from myself, everyone in the squad was brilliant today," said Pardew, having seen his side run out 4-1 winners at the KC Stadium.

"Everyone has got nine out of ten, except me. The incident involving myself is not good enough.

"I'm the Newcastle United manager and I would like to apologise to all our fans for my conduct.

"It was wrong and is a wake-up call for me to go and sit down and have a think.

"I did not mean any damage to the guy but I have moved my head forward. I tried to push him away with my head but I should not have done that.

"I apologise to everyone. I should not have got involved in it."

I often push people away with my head as well :lol:

Thought you were more a choke slam guy.

Not really, apart from the odd outburst i'm generally a natural coward :lol:

Meyler is a total c*** in all fairness. Mackem whopper

Why?

Did he need to push him out of the way?

He was trying to get the ball

Tough luck, go round him. It was unnecessary cuntishness. On his part.

They were losing by two goals at the time and Pardew was stood directly in front of the ball. The only issue you really have with Meyler is that he used to play for Sunderland

Pardew doesn't have to help Meyler get the ball, so Meyler clearly started the incident by pushing Pardew (relatively strongly btw). However Pardew then going in with his head afterwards as Meyler passes him is completely ridiculous, and turned what could have easily been a red card for Meyler into this shitstorm. Thick as fuck.

My view is that footballing wise he was just about hanging in there in deserving to remain as manager.

No way back now.

Bad example for his players. Complete undermining of his own position.

We are still in a position to challenge 6th and 7th and boost our commercial performance, but this action potentially leaves us rudderless for the rest of the season which could have quite a significant impact on our club revenues, thanks to some bad behaviour.

He has also completely destroyed our reputation as a fair play side.

Bin him.

If it was a manager that we actually liked and wanted here, i doubt everybody on here would be saying he should be sacked for it like  :lol: It certainly is grounds for dismissal but i dont think it will happen - stability and all that  :anguish:

Why on earth would Ashley want to bin Pardew? He's literally doing a perfect job for him.

Wouldn't amaze me if he's actually pretty pleased about all this; it'll probably get Sports Direct some bonus TV coverage.

He'll get a lengthy ban, and rightly so.

Not a sackable offence IMO, but if Ashley has been wanting rid of him wouldn't put it past him to try use this as an excuse to cut down on the compo...

Pardew's went up in my estimation after this tbh, the fucking radge cunt.

Still hope he has his P45 posted through his letterbox, preferably on fire.

:lol: I would have loved all of this if I didn't desperately want the guy out.