Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/barton-say-pardew-headbutt/?

It was maybe a no-brainer that Joey Barton would have his say on the Alan Pardew headbutt incident.

Maybe it also is no surprise to see what side of the fence he has come down on.

Interesting to see Barton speak so highly of his ex-manager, whilst having yet another dig at Mike Ashley.

I’ve also just looked out of the window and indeed – ‘…the world hasn’t ended’.

This is Joey’s take on the situation via Twitter in the order they went out -

‘Oh Pards! Nooooooo!’

‘I bet its nothing’

‘Seen Pardew incident. As per usual. Massively over-hyped…’

‘Don’t let a couple of stupid incidents detract from the job he has done at Newcastle. Especially with what goes on behind the scenes there.’

‘Got a lot of time for Pardew. Regardless of what people think, he is a top manager. One of the best I’ve worked with.’

‘After sleeping on it, still think Pardew incident is blown way out of context. I see the media are having a feeding frenzy.’

‘Whilst, I agree its not great for manager of such a great club to act that way, he has admitted he was wrong and been fined accordingly.’

‘Just looked out of the window and the World hasn’t ended. Don’t forget, ‘Its only a game.’’

Football has turned soft as fuck, not just this but Remy, the Vertonghen one the other day, Reina on Perch etc..

Obviously these players (and our moronic manager) should know better but it still seems so pathetic.

What is it about this incident that points to football turning soft?

He was rightfully sent off (which a manager will be for as little as arguing) and has been blasted in the media for his actions. The Remy incident is different because of Johnson's baiting and play acting.

Guest neesy111

I'd think it would be pretty difficult to keep your cool as a manager sometimes. There are going to be times you get super fired up about shit. I'd not take well to be shoved by a player, either. No excuse for head butting somebody, though. Pardew's clearly brain sick.

That was the thing yesterday, we were 3-1 up and cruising and then he snaps like that.

I'd think it would be pretty difficult to keep your cool as a manager sometimes. There are going to be times you get super fired up about s***. I'd not take well to be shoved by a player, either. No excuse for head butting somebody, though. Pardew's clearly brain sick.

All Pardew had to do was get out of the way of the player and nothing would have happened and we would be celebrating a good performance and 3 points instead of the clubs name being dragged through the mud again.

I'd think it would be pretty difficult to keep your cool as a manager sometimes. There are going to be times you get super fired up about s***. I'd not take well to be shoved by a player, either. No excuse for head butting somebody, though. Pardew's clearly brain sick.

All Pardew had to do was get out of the way of the player and nothing would have happened and we would be celebrating a good performance and 3 points instead of the clubs name being dragged through the mud again.

Agreed. We were 3-1 up, with time running out, no need to be drawn into that sort of situation, especially with the minimal provocation.

Football has turned soft as fuck, not just this but Remy, the Vertonghen one the other day, Reina on Perch etc..

Obviously these players (and our moronic manager) should know better but it still seems so pathetic.

What is it about this incident that points to football turning soft?

He was rightfully sent off (which a manager will be for as little as arguing) and has been blasted in the media for his actions. The Remy incident is different because of Johnson's baiting and play acting.

Because I doubt Meyler even felt the contact let alone suffer any long term damage from it. A man moves his head towards anothers, very slowly/softly. That is what is was, why are people/the media making out it was some horrendous act?

Pardew deserves all he gets because he knows the rules but the reactions are absolutely ridiculous. As mentioned I said the same with the Vertonghen thing so this isn't some 'Pardew apologist' bollocks. Some just need to calm down and stop getting so precious.

Because I doubt Meyler even felt the contact let alone suffer any long term damage from it. A man moves his head towards anothers, very slowly/softly. That is what is was, why are people/the media making out it was some horrendous act?

Pardew deserves all he gets because he knows the rules but the reactions are absolutely ridiculous. As mentioned I said the same with the Vertonghen thing so this isn't some 'Pardew apologist' bollocks. Some just need to calm down and stop getting so precious.

Have you only watched it in slow motion?  :lol:

No, seen it many times. It was fuck all. Can't believe anyone thinks otherwise.

You're spot on IMO.

look at it this way, if thats the worst incident the world of football offers this year on or off the field we should consider ourselves lucky. Stupid yes, wrong yes whatever punishment he gets he deserves but by christ its not the end of the world.

I think we're reading different things tbh, I've never seen this describes as some horrendous act, just people condemning the actions of a football manager who headbutted a player, regardless of how much force was used. He shoved his forehead into Meyler's face.

Vertonghen isn't a football manager.

look at it this way, if thats the worst incident the world of football offers this year on or off the field we should consider ourselves lucky. Stupid yes, wrong yes whatever punishment he gets he deserves but by christ its not the end of the world.

:lol: Nobody is saying it is. He's being panned because he's a football manager who headbutted a player yesterday.

It would've been fuck all if it was 2 radgies on a Saturday night out but it's a professional game of football with a potential audience of fuck knows how many. How can it be fuck all?

Guest neesy111

Nobody is saying it was a proper headbutt etc.

It's the intent of what Pardew did that's the issue.  As Disco said, it's the 1st time it's happened in the PL, that's why it's big news.

No, seen it many times. It was f*** all. Can't believe anyone thinks otherwise.

You're spot on IMO.

That automatically means he's wrong.

Nobody is saying it was a proper headbutt etc.

It's the intent of what Pardew did that's the issue.  As Disco said, it's the 1st time it's happened in the PL, that's why it's big news.

True, nobody is saying that Pardew tried to cave his face in.

No, seen it many times. It was f*** all. Can't believe anyone thinks otherwise.

You're spot on IMO.

That automatically means he's wrong.

:lol:

:lol:

Like Jocelyn Wildenstein telling you you're beautiful.

Still can't work why some people think what Meyler did was acceptable.  MOTD were talking as if there was no provocation at all.  It doesn't excuse what Pardew did but Meyler's conduct was in itself appalling.