Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The worry about finishing outside of CL positions is the ability to attract the very best. Every sane fan would accept not being in Europe as long as the necessary steps are taken to progress the club.

A summer like last would be truly terrible. If we finish the season as poorly as we started it and were then flopping about in the market making laughable bids for midfielders without actually getting anybody, then I'd be terrified for next season.

Our chief executive worries me. He was clearly out of his depth last summer and isn't fit to lace David Gills boots. He has a lot to prove this year as well. A massive portion of the blame for last year goes to him.

The difference between say Chelsea or Arsenal dropping out of the top 4 would be far more catastrophic for them than for you.  Manchester United is historically the club players would give their eye teeth to play for,  the finest centre forward the Premiership has ever seen, excepted. You'll still attract the quality of player required,  it's whether the Glazers will pay for them.

Watching ManU's decline has been much less satisfying than I had expected. First off, now that he's gone I realise that a great deal of my hatred toward them was actually against SAF for always getting one over us in the league as well as cup games. He always made a point of showing us who was in control by taking his games against us as serious as title contenders no matter where we were In terms of actual quality... Which led to plenty of thumpings.

The thing that most disturbs me though is the difference between success and failure... Meaning not much. I remember SAF saying we would have won the title in '02 if Bellamy didn't get injured and I thought he was just doing his usual flattery mind games (that he was so fucking good at). But now looking back I think he was right.

Currently, there is no real difference between the two clubs in terms of results and this is driving many of us mad. Because most of the time the seemingly small difference between success and failure is a fucking massive uncrossable chasm for us. I think this is one of the driving reasons that this Forum is (on the whole) so vitriolic against Pardew. I would suspect that if he was appointed after Souness he would actually be held in higher regard on here.

A real opportunity is being lost here, there is going to be a massive realignment of the top teams and we are not going to take advantage of it.

Good post.

I agree with you 100% but it's the first sentence.  :lol:  Totally flies in the face of what you've said before

:lol: It actually doesn't, you lot are happy to think i'm sort of Pardew lover and think he's a good manager when it's far from the case. I defend him mainly because of the ott backlash he gets imo and don't think it's all entirely justified. Like i've said many times before, the horrendous appointment in the first place after has led me to beleive Ashley is not capable of bringing the right manager for this football and were Pardew sacked, it will be another cheap nobody yes man to come in, i went from such a high when Hughton was sacked to such a low when Pardew was appointed. A few of you might get that feeling when Pardew is sacked as a lot were happy with Hughton to stay like i am currently with Pardew. Nobody is winning under Ashley except the people close to him getting a decent wage and a job they couldn't get anywhere else.

As for Man Utd, seems like everyone is in agreement Moyes is way out of his depth and should be nowhere near a club of that stature. Probably one of the few things the forum all agrees on together :aww:

Guest reefatoon

It was always going to be mission impossible for any manager to follow Ferguson.  It was the same with us with Keegan and Robson. Saying that, Souness was a disgusting replacement and deserved all the stick he got.

If they were playing anybody else tonight I would have been bouncing of the walls watching that. They're really poor. I only want them to have one good game this season, on 22nd Jan.

Their midfield is f***ing abysmal.

Oh please ... Moyes is abysmal.

Its one thing for them to not win as many games, it's another to not be able to string two passes together.

Moyes is getting found out big time.