Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He basically said, that he hopes they give time to the manager that replaces him during his farewell speech. Less than a full season is not enough imo, nobody was going to be able to match something Fergie had built over 26 years straight away.

Liverpool finished 7th in Rodgers first season though.

They were 8th the year before and basically a laughing stock. It's only taken a few new players for Rodgerz to get them to the title after that. Moyez took over the champions and has died.

Yeah, but you're comparing the squads, where they finished before hand under a different manager should have little to do with it. Rodgers took over a Liverpool side being mismanaged by an out of touch Kenny Dalglish where as Moyes has taken over a side managed by the Premierships greatest manager. The quality of this Man Utd squad really doesn't reflect a side who pissed the Premiership.

He basically said, that he hopes they give time to the manager that replaces him during his farewell speech. Less than a full season is not enough imo, nobody was going to be able to match something Fergie had built over 26 years straight away.

Yep exactly. It's completely going against everything they apparently stood for.

So spending £65m in a season isn't backing your manager, righteo.

Do you not remember the summer, how many transfer target they missed out on? They ended up with a player who wasn't what was required and then Mata who will be a good signing but he wasn't the centre mids, central defenders or everything else they require for this rebuild. They have spent a chunk of money, but as we all know it isn't the money that's important on the pitch, it's the right players in the right positions.

Liverpool finished 7th in Rodgers first season though.

They were 8th the year before and basically a laughing stock. It's only taken a few new players for Rodgerz to get them to the title after that. Moyez took over the champions and has died.

Yeah, but you're comparing the squads, where they finished before hand under a different manager should have little to do with it. Rodgers took over a Liverpool side being mismanaged by an out of touch Kenny Dalglish where as Moyes has taken over a side managed by the Premierships greatest manager. The quality of this Man Utd squad really doesn't reflect a side who pissed the Premiership.

That's the point. Rodgers took a lot of those players who finished about 50 points off the title and now has them winning it 2 years later whereas Moyes has done the opposite in half the time.

So spending £65m in a season isn't backing your manager, righteo.

Do you not remember the summer, how many transfer target they missed out on? They ended up with a player who wasn't what was required and then Mata who will be a good signing but he wasn't the centre mids, central defenders or everything else they require for this rebuild. They have spent a chunk of money, but as we all know it isn't the money that's important on the pitch, it's the right players in the right positions.

Fellaini was obviously a Moyes buy and that wasted £30 million. Not sure how much of a difference Baines would have made either and he'd have cost another £20 million or so and was also a Moyes target.

Haven't been keeping track of this thread. Will Froggy be popping the champagne or downing some chillis in agony if Moyes gets the sack?

Neither. I would prefer him to get more time, but at the same time I'm terrified that if we do back him, he'll waste all that money. If we could get Klopp in, and if he could bring Reus and Gundogan with him, I'd love it. Why would any of them come to us right now though?

I don't want Van Gaal anyway.

One of the most bizarre football decisions going for moyes over mourinho.

I think they are in big trouble now, I can't think of any manager who will be good enough that will take the job.

Please let it be giggs that would be funnier than pardew

fwiw I don't believe Man Utd have played good football in quite a few years given their playing staff. Ferguson's tenure the last few years was saturated with horrid, ground out 1-0 wins - something that Moyes failed to do this season.