Newcastle United vs Southampton - Saturday 14th December at 3pm (not on TV)

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

krul

debuchy    willo    mapou      santon

sissoko  tiote  anita

ben arfa                                      gouffran

remy

5 across the middle when out of possession, gouffran and very much a 3 with sissoko aswell pushing on when in possession. rocket under ben arfas arse to move off the ball.

Actually feeling a modicum of positivity in this one, if we play like we have recently I fancy us to get this one, not much in it, clearly a good side but we've seen plenty of small sides start strongly in the prem and fizzle out, got a feeling Southampton have been riding high and are due the midtable slip now.

So much optimism  :lol:

Most going for a win ffs, what wrong with you all  :idiot2:

Seriously though, this is going to be a really interesting tactical battle after Saturday.

With AP confirming he'd made mistakes (or at least saying he'd took the blame) for our plan at Swansea, it'll be fascinating to see what way he sets us up for this.

Southampton are still a very difficult side to play against, they'll give us all sorts of problems, no question about it and I'm not sure a win is going to be straight forward at all.

So I'm going for a score draw of 2-2.

Personally I hope he goes with the same formation from Man U with 5 in midfield and try and control the game but I suspect he will allow them the ball and try and hit them on the break.

Really looking forward it though.

I watched their game against Man City and they were brilliant, loads of pace and energy and they were very unlucky not to win it.

Think this will be a really tough game - one weakness is that they're down to their 3rd choice keeper and he looks well dodgy, plenty shots from distance required I reckon.

A win would put us six points clear of them so it's another huge opportunity to pull away from the chasing pack, as Swansea and ManU were. Draw wouldn't be a bad result, though. They're a good side.

1-1.

I watched their game against Man City and they were brilliant, loads of pace and energy and they were very unlucky not to win it.

Think this will be a really tough game - one weakness is that they're down to their 3rd choice keeper and he looks well dodgy, plenty shots from distance required I reckon.

Not exactly one of our teams strengths.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Why hasn't anyone mentioned Jonas  :lol: ? Ok on a more serious note I think he'll move either Sissoko or Gouffran to the middle and put Ben Arfa on the wings.

Not exactly one of our teams strengths.

http://i4.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article828839.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Newcastle%20United%20FC%20Training-828839

Krul

Debuchy Willo Colo Santon

Tiote Anita

Ben Arfa

Sissoko                  Gouffran

Remy

This. 1-1 or 2-2. Happy with that.

First time I can ever say this in a match thread - I'll be going to this one. Sitting in the Gallowgate. Beyond excited.

We could win by 3, lose by 3, or draw and I wouldn't be surprised in the least. Hope Benny plays a big part.

First time I can ever say this in a match thread - I'll be going to this one. Sitting in the Gallowgate. Beyond excited.

We could win by 3, lose by 3, or draw and I wouldn't be surprised in the least. Hope Benny plays a big part.

The experience from walking up to the game surrounded by the fans, sitting in our epic ground and the city itself (assuming you have never been to Newcastle) will be something you will never forget.

Newcastle is immense!

The experience from walking up to the game surrounded by the fans, sitting in our epic ground and the city itself (assuming you have never been to Newcastle) will be something you will never forget.

Newcastle is immense!

this!  No city like Newcastle on matchday.  Can't believe it's been almost 14 years for me.

Bit cliche, but again I'd say this one is a case of who wants it more - I think if we turn up, with our quality (compounded by their injury list), we'll win.

Hopefully we have a bit of fire, and don't rest on our laurels after toppling Man Utd.