Squad & tactics (2023/24)

LoveItIfWeBeatU

I looked at their team sheet and I said to myself that I wouldn’t replace any of our starting 11 with ours. Obviously they’ve got some good players still, but I’m happy with our lineup and how it compares to teams around us 

Besides the obvious ones; and this is probably harsh on Miggy, but I’d probably take Solomon over our right wing options as well (if we’re factoring age).

Romero and VDV aren’t too far away from making our first xi too.

Son has suffered from a succession of negative managers who have sapped his confidence, Howe would get him firing again and he has demonstrated over multiple seasons he can be an absolutely lethal attacker. His downside is he is a bit of a confidence player who will go in streaks, but no doubt he will find scoring form again under a coach that wants him to be forward regularly with support, though he is never going to form a partnership with Richarlison like he did with Kane so probably never quite hit those heights.

6 hours ago, Hot Since 1882 said:

Never really rated Son. I know he's scored goals for Spurs, but just every time I've seen him play he's just been average. Cliche - but I think he goes missing in games. 

Wouldn't have him ahead of Gordon, Barnes, Isak, Joe or even Willock on the LW. 

Edit - FWIW wouldn't have Kane here starting over Wilson or Isak.

You'd have Wilson over Kane?

Howay man 😂

This is the sort of thread that just us look daft.  Unless you watch Spurs as much as us it's really hard to call and we have affection for our players so bias kicks in.  

What I would say is I don't think there is anyone I would be looking to pay 80-100 million for, marginally improving our first team and giving Spurs that amount of money.  There are players in Arsenals and Man City's team I would for sure.

13 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

No, this isn't RTG. :lol: The forum isn't gonna crash and burn due to one shit thread. It'll be off the front page by tomorrow, don't worry about it. 

As an OG admin of this place - seriously, get rid of this shit. Or merge it into the Spurs thread.

Edited by Skeletor

7 hours ago, Hot Since 1882 said:

Never really rated Son. I know he's scored goals for Spurs, but just every time I've seen him play he's just been average. Cliche - but I think he goes missing in games. 

Wouldn't have him ahead of Gordon, Barnes, Isak, Joe or even Willock on the LW. 

Edit - FWIW wouldn't have Kane here starting over Wilson or Isak.

:dowiespin:

3 hours ago, The Butcher said:

Kane is in the top 3 PL strikers of all time imo. Shearer, Henry, Kane.

Prefer to have a top 5 and add Aguero and Rooney. Henry clear and the rest can fight for second place.