The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

This Orient v Pboro match should be entertaining.

Bloody hell, completely forgot that was tonight.

Come on the O's. Would fucking love them to get to Wembley, just would be a pisser that I'd be missing both Ledley's testimonial and the mighty O's at Wembley.

Germany-Poland friendly tonite? Glad we have non-stop football throughout the summer. Better than pondering at the transfer news updates all summer long.

Aye, 0-0 at the start of the second half. Nowhere near full strength from either of the sides though, as there are no Arsenal, Dortmund or Bayern players there because of the cup finals on Saturday.

This Orient v Pboro match should be entertaining.

Bloody hell, completely forgot that was tonight.

Come on the O's. Would fucking love them to get to Wembley, just would be a pisser that I'd be missing both Ledley's testimonial and the mighty O's at Wembley.

Aye. Used to have a season ticket for a tenner at the Os when I was under 16.

Would be great to see them do it, but there's no way Hearn would spend the required money to keep them in the Championship. I reckon Preston will do it, sadly.

The first season Newcastle played at The Emirates we went down without tickets and couldn't get any down there. So, we went to see Orient play Yeovil instead. We decided to go in the away end but when we got in we found out they weren't serving beer, so we found a Steward and said we were in the wrong end and could we go in the home end (we're all Geordies in the Yeovil end).

The Steward let us out onto the cinder track as we walked passed the players tunnel the Tannoy started playing and the players started to run towards us. We found seats in the main stand and watched a turgid 0-0 draw, we got some funny looks when Dyer put us ahead and we started jumping up. Luckily, they had this portacabin type thing under the stand that served beer as well. Afterwards we spent a hour or so in a not very pleasant pub next door - The Prince of Wales or something. Great day, s*** match.