Other clubs' transfers

TBG

One of our mags claiming that Samper turned down Arsenal before deadline day.

Wenger already tried to poach him 3 years ago, so I will give it credibility. He's one of my favorite Barça prospects and I expect him to rule our midfield for a decade.

I know I keep on asking you this but when do you expect him to breakout?

I know he's only young but I keep on reading loads about how much of a fantastic prospect he is so kind of expected him to be pushing on now. Although he does have Busquets in front of him I suppose.

He's only 19, no need to rush him. He'll make his senior debut this season, that's for sure.

The lad's been playing professional football for only a year, and in a position where this kind of experience is needed, imho, because of the tactical intricacy of playing DM. I expect him to get a handful of apps this season, and take Xavi's place in the squad when he leaves next year.

Yeah, Rafinha doesn't seem to be good enough imho. But he trusts him greatly.

I like what Lucho is doing. He's upped the tempo of our play, and he encourages the team to try more daring passes when in possession, instead of just keeping possession for possession's sake. The team is also much more aggressive in order to get the ball back and move into attacking positions; we are not as static as we were last year or the one before that. It's still early days, but I'm happy so far.

I'm still hesitant about our defense, which hasn't been properly tested so far. We still haven't conceded a single shot in goal.

The terms coming out from Tancredi Palmieri regarding Falcao's contract with Manchester United are absolutely astonishing:

--10m Euro loan fee, option to buy at 44m -- deal automatically becomes permanent if he makes 15 appearances and scores 5 goals

--14m annual salary after tax, around 270k per week, plus 3m in after-tax bonuses linked to those same small performance incentives

Wayne Rooney makes 300k/week under his new deal but that's pre-tax. He'd have to make 436k/week to match Falcao's deal (before the incentives kick in).

Holy shit.

The terms coming out from Tancredi Palmieri regarding Falcao's contract with Manchester United are absolutely astonishing:

--10m Euro loan fee, option to buy at 44m -- deal automatically becomes permanent if he makes 15 appearances and scores 5 goals

--14m annual salary after tax, around 270k per week, plus 3m in after-tax bonuses linked to those same small performance incentives

Wayne Rooney makes 300k/week under his new deal but that's pre-tax. He'd have to make 436k/week to match Falcao's deal (before the incentives kick in).

Holy shit.

dafuq

Ronaldo back to us has been picking up a lot of speed lately. What do you all make of that? Ballague reporting we're preparing an offer and that Ronaldo dreams of the return.

Nonsense if you ask me, but this is one of those situations where I wouldn't be anything other than pessimistic.