Other clubs' transfers

TBG

We've clearly taken a step back. Not that it would have made a difference.

Good signing for them. Shane long please?

Nah I'd pass on Shane Long. One of those players that accumulates massive transfer fees but never really delivers anywhere

Guest antz1uk

Unreral price that like, they said they wouldn't take less than £15m in the summer, i do actually like shane long but you wouldn't get him for that sort of money, think it's been pretty obvious he's wanted to stay darn sarf

Nah I'd pass on Shane Long. One of those players that accumulates massive transfer fees but never really delivers anywhere

other than against us?

I think QPR assumed if they kept him (plus Fer, Sandro etc) they'd be up there in the promotion places and it was a gamble worth taking. Now they're stuck in mid table and no chance of promotion they might as well take whatver money is on the table

other than against us?

Everyone plays well against us :lol:

other than against us?

Everyone plays well against us :lol:

aye, ya reet like.

QPR turning down £12m in the summer, now they're going to get £4m six months later :lol:, said this kind of thing would happen.  We should definitely be in their at that price though.

they would have been banking on him bringing them back up.

Wow, didn't even know this was on the cards. Will be interesting to see how he does straight away. Southampton have done well. Not having the best of seasons but acting before things get too desperate.

done what we should have done in the summer, securing someone who scores goals rather than gambling on players who've never played in the league. We should have been in for him, I do wonder if he wasn't willing to come. (He may well have been in Summer when he didn't know what a shambles we'd be)

I know he's out of contract in the summer but £4m is remarkably cheap in this market. If we weren't willing to better that then I can only assume there's something wrong with him physically that we're not willing to gamble on.