Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Did what was expected of him at this level. They all did. But it's so rare to win they're understandably being lauded. But the fact is...he did what should be expected, and that's as much praise as I can muster considering his repugnant performances throughout this god-awful season.

Well done, Jack...for resembling a footballer, for once. Do it again on Tuesday :knuppel2:

That goes for almost all of them

Shit tonight, have the ball away too much, and when he did make a pass he played it to the player who had a man on instead of playing to the player in space and on the breakaway. I was calling for him to be subbed before halftime, I was surprised Shelvey never came on for him, but considering the Lacelles comments about him I imagine he's out of favour somewhat.

I am fucking pleased that we played colback ahead of shelvey.  Colback is shit but at least he offered some cover and helped the defense line a bit.  Shelvey would be simply non existent except those hollywood long balls.

Only saw the second half.  Him and Tiote looked good.  They were pressing in the right areas and Colback actually looked physical, for a change.  Still a lot of cheap fouls and still pretty shit on the ball.  But has suited the system for the last two games. 

Was poor on the ball but he showed the right attitude. If Shelvey could put in a similar defensive shift we would've won the game. So cautious on the ball. He was effective off the ball though even if he gave away too many fouls.

If he keeps Shelvey/Wij out the team for 90 minutes consistently it will be because we are winning which is great.

He's neat and tidy but still frustrating with his tendency to go backwards. Has to be said that playing in centre midfield must be so much easier when Tiote is in beast mode rather than alongside a strolling and pointing Shelvey.

Couple of times he put the ball out for throw into and shepherded the ball out of play thinking he was winning the throw in ? He's not only shit but a fucking idiot. At least he actually applied some pressure and went to players, something Shelvey hasn't been doing in his time here.

We're in the mess we are because we concede too many goals. We're far better off at the current time playing people like Colback and Tiote and trying to nick something than trying to be too clever and expansive.

Definitely, but I think this is only true because Rafa seems to have managed to get them both to play the right way. Before I would have said it didn't matter which midfielders we picked.

When Tiote is in beast mode Colback is unnecessary. He just gets in his way. Still it is working at the moment so can't really push for a change.

If Janmaat comes straight back in wouldn't mind seeing Anita in for Colback.

Nooooooooooooo. The back 4 picks itself until end of season now. Anita should keep his place as right back.