Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I looked at the starting line-up yesterday, and based on ability alone most people would think Anita must be nursing an injury - the rational applied to Colback's selection.

And then I remembered who the manager was, and Anita isn't exactly a shit-kicker - too small in Pardew's book, doesn't boot it long enough, moves forward/looks for space after releasing (a crime in this manager's book, shit scared of players not holding a defensive position). Who would of thought that a player could be punished for showing smarts off the ball, when the team  s in possession - he hasn't been successfully Pardewed, and he is paying for it.

Another kick to the guts of Anita. He really should have put in a transfer request during the Summer. Enough occasions this manager has demonstrated that he doesn't trust him.

I looked at the starting line-up yesterday, and based on ability alone most people would think Anita must be nursing an injury - the rational applied to Colback's selection.

And then I remembered who the manager was, and Anita isn't exactly a shit-kicker - too small in Pardew's book, doesn't boot it long enough, moves forward/looks for space after releasing (a crime in this manager's book, shit scared of players not holding a defensive position). Who would of thought that a player could be punished for showing smarts off the ball, when the team  s in possession - he hasn't been successfully Pardewed, and he is paying for it.

Another kick to the guts of Anita. He really should have put in a transfer request during the Summer. Enough occasions this manager has demonstrated that he doesn't trust him.

Effectively Colback is no different, he's small as well but a lot slower so he's never going to be able to cover ground against someone fast like Nzonzi.

I honestly believe he's one of the biggest problems in our side tbh. He'll never get dropped though, Pardew favourite already simply because he works hard.

He doesn't even work hard man, even if you look at his stats (which Pardew likes to do) last night they're fucking shocking albeit to no-ones suprise Gouffran trumps him in the brown stained paper stakes.

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/829570/LiveStatistics/England-Premier-League-2014-2015-Stoke-Newcastle-United

Dummett had the most shots and Gouffran had 20 less touches than Krul :lol:

"Davide Santon's midfield performance [against Chelsea] . . . forget about what it looked like to the naked eye, his stats were very good, which is great news

I know it's very early, but I think you've pretty much seen what you're going to get out of Colback. He's an average (at best) squad player who rarely imposes himself on a game. I don't watch a lot of Newcastle games, but from what I have seen you have much better options in that position. The fact he got picked for England (how the fuck did that happen?) will do you absolutely no favours, as Pardew now thinks he's got a superstar on his hands.

I actually think your team is strong enough to survive, even with Colback in the midfield, but it'll not be a pretty watch for much of the time (a bit like us actually).

Guest firetotheworks

The Mackem dropping the truth bombs.

You're probably right. We really, really don't like him. We had Cabaye this time last year ffs. The drop in quality is frankly staggering.

He was so f***ing s*** last night man. He basically just chased  the ball leaving gaping holes in our midfield

Said it during the game. There was a gaping hole every time Tiote left it as if like Colback doesn't understand the basic of covering. If Tiote went forward he would follow suit and go play right wing or something. Was ridiculous.

Guest firetotheworks

Not to stick up for Colback (who I've made my thoughts very clear about) but Larsson and Johnson are both pretty decent from set pieces tbf.

Not to stick up for Colback (who I've made my thoughts very clear about) but Larsson and Johnson are both pretty decent from set pieces tbf.

I'd disagree tbh. Larsson rarely beats the first man. Johnson is slightly better.

Colback never took them for us

Guest firetotheworks

I'd disagree tbh. Larsson rarely beats the first man. Johnson is slightly better.

Colback never took them for us

How would you know like? Oh right, aye.