Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

IIRC he ran the ball out of play a couple times that game trying to make things happen, it was deffinitely an off day (if i'm not mistaking it for another game) but taking him off was ridiculous. Taking him off for any reason other than tiredness - or worse not starting him at all - was always ridiculous.

Yeah that sounds about right.  Like i said he wasn't great but he was nowhere near our worst player.  Coloccini and Santon were both atrocious and utterly gutless in that game but stayed on.

That turn at Fulham that sends two of their players running off in the wrong direction. I could watch that all day.

Once again, anyone who didn't rate him then it wouldn't have him back, pm me your contact details. So I can come round and hit you in the forehead with a hammer.

"Hatem Ben Arfa all skills for NUFC 2010-2014"

On Youtube. Terrible music, but 13 minutes of sheer joy.

Miss him so much man. Probably not the best player I've seen in black and white (that'd be Shearer, obviously), but the most exciting and entertaining. He should have been here the rest of his career man.

I've just watched that skills video (Hatem Ben Arfa all skills for NUFC 2010-2014) and it's a great video to show kids, but that music... ho'way, man. It's amazing too that the cameraman is all over the place, and amount of times I can hear a voice in the back of my mind going "he could have passes". He was talented alright, but so wild and I feel like his end product from his dribbling never really amounted to much. Questionable, without going back and looking in detail, if it was due to the players around him or poor decision making. He sure liked to beat a player though, which is always great.

I'd probably mark him down as a 'youtube' player, someone I'd enjoy watching clips of, but would probably become frustrated with in a starting 11.

I've just watched that skills video (Hatem Ben Arfa all skills for NUFC 2010-2014) and it's a great video to show kids, but that music... ho'way, man. It's amazing too that the cameraman is all over the place, and amount of times I can hear a voice in the back of my mind going "he could have passes". He was talented alright, but so wild and I feel like his end product from his dribbling never really amounted to much. Questionable, without going back and looking in detail, if it was due to the players around him or poor decision making. He sure liked to beat a player though, which is always great.

I'd probably mark him down as a 'youtube' player, someone I'd enjoy watching clips of, but would probably become frustrated with in a starting 11.

There was a chronic lack of movement throughout the team in those days. Numerous times HBA would have the ball and there'd be players standing still, giving him no options whatsoever.

He was the sort of player you grow up pretending to be or aspiring to that skill level, if not attitude.

I, for one, always threw a strop, left the match and went to show up at airports when I played as a kid.

Hatem Ben Arfa ● Magic Dribbling● Skills & Goals 2016 HD on the Tube of You.

Some of the shit he done at Nice is disgraceful, when he tries to walk it round Costil against Rennes :lol:

Imagine having Pardew and Bruce call you a lazy fat cunt, and then produce that season? :lol:

Filth.

There was a chronic lack of movement throughout the team in those days. Numerous times HBA would have the ball and there'd be players standing still, giving him no options whatsoever.

Absolutely this.  Anyone that witnessed us in the flesh at the time that knew anything about the game cannot deny it.

Not just that, but he was forced so deep because of Pardew's ridiculous negative tactics that even if he went passed 3 or 4 players he'd still be 30 yards from goal. :lol:

Not just that, but he was forced so deep because of Pardew's ridiculous negative tactics that even if he went passed 3 or 4 players he'd still be 30 yards from goal. :lol:

And if he loses the ball he was being yelled at and used as the scapegoat..

Absolutely this.  Anyone that witnessed us in the flesh at the time that knew anything about the game cannot deny it.

The Bolton goal was caused by that, we were utterly shite for about 70 minutes and he just went oh to hell with this. Sheer frustration.

Hatem Ben Arfa ● Magic Dribbling● Skills & Goals 2016 HD on the Tube of You.

Some of the s*** he done at Nice is disgraceful, when he tries to walk it round Costil against Rennes :lol:

Imagine having Pardew and Bruce call you a lazy fat c***, and then produce that season? :lol:

Filth.

You are allowed to say YouTube ya know?

People always talk about the goals vs Blackburn and Bolton, but I remember the stoke game (3-0 at home) where the ball was switched to his side and the left back was closing him down quickly, he trapped the ball magnificently and played it ahead of Danny Simpson to run onto in one fluid movement . Simply Jizztastic!