Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Pardew openly blasts his. You keep that shit in the dressing room man, it's what most good sporting teams or managers or coaches do. You handle it in-house, and you don't let it get on in the public. You then work on ways internally to get people happy again.

Just read this in Alex Ferguson's book

http://i.imgur.com/nqSqoiP.jpg

In stark contrast to Pardew, will defend and big up the players that lick his hoop BUT those that go against his turgid, direct football get blasted in public and blamed for his own failures, which makes him the lowest of the low

Think my memory is shot again. Does Pardew really make a habit of openly blasting his players?

Don't think he does, probably too busy thinking of new and inventive ways we get can get utterly pasted at home.

'Papiss just doesn't understand what is needed in a game like this' - or words to that effect. Think it was like Cisse's 4th game for us at home to Sunlun.

Yeah, he didn't understand that battering long balls towards two forwards completely unsuited to that approach was what was required.

He'll always blame a sending off for a defeat even if we were looking toothless anyway, just to add to the list.

Against Man City last season: "I have to say I thought we gave a good account of ourselves up until the sending off. We'd threatened their goal, but the sending off made it a really difficult night for us and you don't want that on the first day."

2-0 after 20 minutes with 11 men and getting absolutely leathered. :lol:

He'll always blame a sending off for a defeat even if we were looking toothless anyway, just to add to the list.

Against Man City last season: "I have to say I thought we gave a good account of ourselves up until the sending off. We'd threatened their goal, but the sending off made it a really difficult night for us and you don't want that on the first day."

**NO SHOTS ON TARGET KLAXON**

The sanctification of Ben Arfa on here can be tiresome at times. To me, he is a supreme talent who has proven to be unreliable, petulant, and somewhat troublesome throughout his career, who is managed by a self-interested charlatan with little actual ability. It is a volatile mix that has finally began to burn. Ben Arfa has acted foolishly one too many times and Pardew has used this as an excuse to shun the player and make him a scapegoat because he is always trying to protect himself. There have been signs of this throughout his career here. Ben Arfa has only really performed in electric spurts of good performances, and whenhe isn't performing  the manager uses his lackadaisical nature and attitude as a reason to drop him so the attention is shifted.

I watch football to be entertained, he's like the only player who isn't boring as hell.

Couldn't care less about whether he's consistent or not, you are not really wrong. It's just the only player who would provide me and many others with a sense of thrill and excitement is seemingly gone.

Pardew who stands for the complete opposite is still here, that's just not right IMO and it greatly saddens me that we will never see his type again.

I'm still clinging onto the fantasy dream that Pardew is sacked by Christmas and the new manager wants him to sign a new contract.

Great little video Sewelly. Totally missed a trick not having FUCK PARDEW flashing madly at the end like.

I noticed there was a lot of clips of him wearing Virgin Money and realised it's probably all Wonga's fault this. Since those tossers got involved with NUFC we've gone totally to shit, losing over half of our league games and winning less than a third.

Hat's off....

A message from the Back Page:

It is with great regret that we must announce that the planned appearance of Hatem Ben Arfa at The Back Page shop later today has been cancelled.

Since accepting the invitation last week, it has become increasingly clear that Hatem will be excluded from the training day event at St.James' Park today.

In light of the increasing media circus that news has prompted, both the Back Page and Hatem agree that staging the event would be counter-productive and cancellation is the most logical course of action.

Hatem sends his apologies and is saddened that he's unable to meet supporters at this time.

The shop remains open as usual today and we look forward to seeing many fans after they've visited SJP.

Did he expect the media not to pick this up?  Particularly those with an axe to grind against the club?  I noticed even The Sun have mentioned it which is surprising being the club's mouthpiece and all.

Tbh, I think much of the defending of HBA is to do with his figure as someone who is clearly against Pardew as we are. He's become a symbol against Pardew and the club. Hence his name being sang at matches and the Che Ben Arfa banner. He's a cause celebre amongst the support.

Which I guess explains why he's practically immune to criticism on here. Folk twisting every story that comes out so that Ben Arfa is the hero, the man with morals, the one with the guts to stand up to Pardew because it fits the rationale that Pardew is a f***ing moron. I suspect though that Ben Arfa played more of a part in his downfall than some like to admit, not on the pitch, but off it, especially if his track record/tittle tattle 'gossip' is to be considered.

On the contrary, the mistreatment of HBA has been a very consistent theme of the man's management. Personally I was pulling my hair out over it going right back to late 2011, a classic example being when we played Swansea at home, drew 0-0 and he brought the Ameobi Bros and Vuckic off the bench while Ben Arfa stayed on it.

This isn't a recent development based on anybody's hatred of the manager, it is in fact one of the biggest reasons for the utter disdain that most of us have for the man.

You can't treat a human being the way he has treated HBA and expect positive results. Blamed for things that aren't his fault, held to far higher standards than everybody else, dropped following good performances - if anybody wants to compare to an everyday setting, if you do that consistently with one employee, it's fairly likely they'll tell you to stick your job. A quick peek in the Job Thread will tell you that.

Spot on.

Oh and funnily enough, if memory serves.  Most of the 'threat' he speaks of came from Hatem didn't it?