Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Borussia Dortmund make approach for Hatem Ben Arfa

Sky Sports report the Borussia Dortmund have made a concrete offer to Hatem Ben Arfa to join the Bundesliga club next season.

The 31-year-old is available on a free transfer after his contract with PSG expired & could make a decision by Friday.

Ben Arfa played under new BVB head coach Lucien Favre during his spell at OGC Nice.

Well that's my new team sorted. :pedro:

He's 31, barely played in the last two seasons with known issues over fitness and attitude. Plus Dortmund are already top heavy in his position.

Loved him when he was here but his time has came and gone now, as triggs said he's best off going to somewhere that he'd be the main man.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-news-transfers-live-14867662

Reports in Spain from El Mundo Deportivo suggest that Hatem Ben Arfa has held talks with Sevilla. The report claims director wants to sign the winger but head coach Pablo Machin does not. This is the report summarised by Football Espana.

Sevilla are split on the signing of free agent Hatem Ben Arfa after holding talks with the attacker this week, say reports in Spain.

El Mundo Deportivo say Director of Football Joaquin Caparros is keen on pushing ahead on a deal for the Frenchman but Coach Pablo Machin is not keen.

The report states the 31-year-old – who failed to make a single appearance in any competition for Paris Saint-Germain last season – wants to play in Spain and will lower his previous wage demands. Turkish giants Besiktas and Fenerbahce, alongside Dynamo Kyiv, Flamengo and Tigres have also been mentioned in relation to the playmaker, while Villarreal and Valencia have also been linked. In 2015-16, Ben Arfa netted 17 Ligue 1 goals and provided six assists for high-flying Nice, prompting PSG to secure his signature.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest firetotheworks

I wonder who HBA's all time favourite player is actually. I probably hazard a guess at Cruyff.

I wonder who HBA's all time favourite player is actually. I probably hazard a guess at Cruyff.

Remember reading a story about Hatem and how he didn't know who Peter Beardsley was before he came here and watched some videos of him and was amazed at how good he was.

Honestly surprised he hasn’t taken a big money move to China yet

Shanghai SIPG would be funny. Imagine being a defender in that league and seeing HBA, Oscar and Hulk coming at you.

Or go to the other Shanghai and link up with Demba Ba again.

• 2 weeks later...