Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Easily our MotM. Most of our play went through him first half, he scored one, and provided the other. That said, I think him slowing put more pressure on us in the last part of the game. I'm sure there would have been moans, but maybe SDJ for Perez should have been our first change to give us a fresh outlet and ease the pressure. 10km of half sprinting will take it out of anyone.

Easily our MotM. Most of our play went through him first half, he scored one, and provided the other. That said, I think him slowing put more pressure on us in the last part of the game. I'm sure there would have been moans, but maybe SDJ for Perez should have been our first change to give us a fresh outlet and ease the pressure. 10km of half sprinting will take it out of anyone.

Agree 100%

Well no, it wasn't that he was deemed not good enough. He just didn't fit into the system McClaren wanted to go for early doors. A system which didn't work and he's changed quick-sharp.

He's blatantly one of our best players and I'd expect him to be in the side from now on.

Well no, it wasn't that he was deemed not good enough. He just didn't fit into the system McClaren wanted to go for early doors. A system which didn't work and he's changed quick-sharp.

He's blatantly one of our best players and I'd expect him to be in the side from now on.

So still the wrong decision from the manager though. Cool.

McClaren thought he wouldn't fit into a system which used Obertan on the left wing? I think it's pretty clear he undervalued him early on like, he'll be one of the first on his team sheet now though.

It doesn't really matter much for Perez but it raises further questions of us getting rid of Abeid, as obviously McClaren and his coaching staff didn't have enough time to evaluate him.

McClaren thought he wouldn't fit into a system which used Obertan on the left wing? I think it's pretty clear he undervalued him early on like, he'll be one of the first on his team sheet now though.

It doesn't really matter much for Perez but it raises further questions of us getting rid of Abeid, as obviously McClaren and his coaching staff didn't have enough time to evaluate him.

Aye but we probs raked in 250k and saved peanuts on wages. Everyone wins in?

Absolutely. Shocking decision to release Abeid when Tiote is the only other player of that type and he's supposedly been acting up.

Think it's fair to say McClaren underrated him, I can see how a new manager might favour some more experienced players over a kid we signed for the development squad. Obviously he's proved his quality now, so you would expect him to keep that off the striker role for the foreseeable future.