Emmanuel Rivière

LRD

looking at some vids and reading what some have said on here, it seems he will be similar to Bellamy (if i'd have to compare him to one of previous strikers). Might not score a hat full of goals, but will be effective in a few positions across the front line. Hopefully we can get a goal scorer in as well as him.

Frustrating as they can get deals done when they want to. The rest of the time, it's obvious they're dragging their heels.

Or, Lee Charnley is more competent than a senile old man who stinks of piss and failure.

Sounds like an athletic player, the worry as always is that he won't receive the right coaching as with most players who arrive. Its good to see us signing a few players but for me Pardew will stand in the way of any genuine progression. Hasn't got a clue

Is he as rapid as Remy? Or does he have even more pace? I understand that his finishing and movement isn't as intelligent as Remy's.

Hopefully we'll get a very very good 1st choice striker as well.

Think he'll turn out to be quite good. Fast, strong, deceptively good finishing. Maybe not the most intelligent player but adds the physicality that our frontline is so desperately missing.

Biggest question is whether he'll be able to make the step up in responsibility given that he's never had to be the "main striker" before.

Will probably be as frustrating/brilliant as Oba was at times. For about £6m, can't go wrong. A strike force of Cisse, Riviere, Gouffran, Perez and A.N.other could be either very handy or massively underwhelming, purely based on the quality of the other striker.

Good deal, this. Pace and Strength in a striker is what we are terribly lacking and we now seemingly have that.

Hope we do sign a main guy though.

Riviere (whose name I'll never be able to spell correctly), Cisse, Gouffran, Perez, and Armstrong probably all competing for one striker slot. Unless someone leaves I can't see the club forking over more for a striker.

Gourffran forced out wide again? I'm sure I read Perez was bought as a player for the future, Amrstrong is a player for the future...Leaving us with the mentally broken Cisse as our lead striker.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is he as rapid as Remy? Or does he have even more pace? I understand that his finishing and movement isn't as intelligent as Remy's.

Doesn't seem particularly pacy (one of the most straight-forward attribute to gauge) from the official Ligue 1 videos on youtube (search 'but emmanuel riviere'). Above average pace but not Remy-fast imo. Plays off the shoulder of the last defender a lot from what I see.

Doesn't seem particularly pacy (one of the most straight-forward attribute to gauge) from the official Ligue 1 videos on youtube (search 'but emmanuel riviere'). Above average pace but not Remy-fast imo. Plays off the shoulder of the last defender a lot from what I see.

Cheers mate! Sounds shit though.

Perez and Armstrong are in the development squad and Cisse is in patchy form recently.  Think we should be in for one more and probably give the young lads a go in the cups.  Depends on the setup he's intending to play too though.  Having the extra striker gives us the ability to switch to two up front if and when we need to and still have some depth on the bench.