Crystal Palace manager

Mick

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/remy-cabella-set-newcastle-spotlight-4211537

Pardew says the pressure is growing on him and Newcastle to get a victory.

He said: “Southampton are a new team, very much like us, but the big ­difference is that they have got a win and we haven’t.

“In the Premier League, that ratchets up pressure.

“A lot of that is aimed at me and the owner, but I think we’ve responded to that with the players we’ve signed this summer.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alan-pardew-calls-time-newcastle-7764234

Pardew said: “The window was very tough for teams not at the very top of the Premier League, because prices were very high. There wasn’t a lot of good product on the market and it was difficult for teams like ourselves to secure top players.

“We’re all going to find it even more difficult in the future because there’s a new television deal being negotiated by the Premier League and prices are going to go higher.

“It’s difficult to know exactly where they’re going to be, particularly for offensive players. This market threw up a couple of players where their value was a bit of an eye-opener. That was surprising, but we did most of our business early and I think we did good business with those players.”

The loss of de Jong, perhaps for the rest of this year, has come as an unwanted setback. Pardew said: “Of course we’re very disappointed with Siem’s injury. That came after the window, and it was a blow. We’d have been a lot happier if he had been fit.”

There it is.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alan-pardew-calls-time-newcastle-7764234

Pardew said: “The window was very tough for teams not at the very top of the Premier League, because prices were very high. There wasn’t a lot of good product on the market and it was difficult for teams like ourselves to secure top players.

We’re all going to find it even more difficult in the future because there’s a new television deal being negotiated by the Premier League and prices are going to go higher.

“It’s difficult to know exactly where they’re going to be, particularly for offensive players. This market threw up a couple of players where their value was a bit of an eye-opener. That was surprising, but we did most of our business early and I think we did good business with those players.”

The loss of de Jong, perhaps for the rest of this year, has come as an unwanted setback. Pardew said: “Of course we’re very disappointed with Siem’s injury. That came after the window, and it was a blow. We’d have been a lot happier if he had been fit.”

There it is.

:spit:

"The league are going to give us even more money so it's going to be more difficult to buy players"

"Good product on the market" ffs.

We’re all going to find it even more difficult in the future because there’s a new television deal being negotiated by the Premier League and prices are going to go higher.

There it is.

"The league are going to give us even more money so it's going to be more difficult to buy players"

In our case more is less, that's a massive handicap.

May have already been said, but don't the club usually take legal action against articles with no substance? Has that been done with the independent article about him having two games?

I'm not aware that they've ever taken legal action against any newspaper? They've threatened to but have we seen them in court, and win?

As for the Independent article, the newspaper says it 'understands', and carries no direct quotes. Also, as the games in question have yet to take place, how can we ascertain that the article has 'no substance. It's not actionable even if he lasts until 2018.

by legal action, i meant a lgeal letter and demand of an apology.

pretty much what they´ve done to the telegraph today, and to others in the past.

Like I said, the Independent story would not have been legally actionable. Sending a lawyers' letter (which would not be sent to a newspaper as it's not in the PCC tariff of complaints) isn't legal action, nor is asking for an apology or even asking for, and getting, a retraction.

None of these things have happened. As you correctly observe they just ban newspapers willy-nilly. I maintain this is actually more about money than anything else.

May have already been said, but don't the club usually take legal action against articles with no substance? Has that been done with the independent article about him having two games?

I'm not aware that they've ever taken legal action against any newspaper? They've threatened to but have we seen them in court, and win?

As for the Independent article, the newspaper says it 'understands', and carries no direct quotes. Also, as the games in question have yet to take place, how can we ascertain that the article has 'no substance. It's not actionable even if he lasts until 2018.

pretty much what they´ve done to the telegraph today, and to others in the past.

Like I said, the Independent story would not have been legally actionable. Sending a lawyers' letter (which would not be sent to a newspaper as it's not in the PCC tariff of complaints) isn't legal action, nor is asking for an apology or even asking for, and getting, a retraction.

None of these things have happened. As you correctly observe they just ban newspapers willy-nilly. I maintain this is actually more about money than anything else.

You obviously have a legal background, which I don't. So I'll remove the term legal is at merely a technicality.

The course of action they take against newspapers who print stories they deem to be incorrect, hasn't been taken against the journalists /papers who've printed the pardew has two games stories.

There's a reason for that, imo.

I'm also pretty sure they've taken action in the past when pardew stories gave surfaced.

Just 'law for journalists' - and law as part of my degree. Nothing criminal or exciting.

I'm 99% sure that not once have Newcastle completed  - and won - a legal action against any newspaper but I'm happy to be proved wrong.

Pardew will quite comfortably be a millionaire as well btw.

Multi-millionaire? I doubt it.

Obviously has a quid or two but has a very expensive lifestyle and he'd better factor in an expensive divorce if his wife fidns out the extent of his philandering.

Whatever cash he has, I hope he's putting enough of it away because he's going to need it when he eventually 'leaves' NUFC..!

The man is just grasping for anything. He knows he's done for.

I'm not sure he does. I think he thinks 'all is well'.

Will make it all the sweeter when he gets the bullet.

He'll never get sacked unless the threat of relegation is genuine.. every win puts it off :(

The man is just grasping for anything. He knows he's done for.

I'm not sure he does. I think he thinks 'all is well'.

Will make it all the sweeter when he gets the bullet.

He'll never get sacked unless the threat of relegation is genuine.. every win puts it off :(

Which is why I hope we take a tanking tomorrow and make the Hull game 10x as offensive as Cardiff from minute 1.

There it is.

That sort of arselicking would normally make him bullet proof but at the end of the day results will tell the story. After 3 games where are we now in the table? 16th?

“We’re all going to find it even more difficult in the future because there’s a new television deal being negotiated by the Premier League and prices are going to go higher.

There it is.

:lol: I'm gonna be so mad if we beat Southampton. Get this guy outta here.

You obviously have a legal background, which I don't. So I'll remove the term legal is at merely a technicality.

The course of action they take against newspapers who print stories they deem to be incorrect, hasn't been taken against the journalists /papers who've printed the pardew has two games stories.

There's a reason for that, imo.

I'm also pretty sure they've taken action in the past when pardew stories gave surfaced.

Just 'law for journalists' - and law as part of my degree. Nothing criminal or exciting.

I'm 99% sure that not once have Newcastle completed  - and won - a legal action against any newspaper but I'm happy to be proved wrong.

Like I say, take out the word legal, the course of action taken previously, hasn't been taken.

Pardew will quite comfortably be a millionaire as well btw.

Multi-millionaire? I doubt it.

Obviously has a quid or two but has a very expensive lifestyle and he'd better factor in an expensive divorce if his wife fidns out the extent of his philandering.

Whatever cash he has, I hope he's putting enough of it away because he's going to need it when he eventually 'leaves' NUFC..!

I didn't say multimillionaire.

I'm not sure how expensive his lifestyle is tbh, I've absolutely no idea what his lifestyle is like.

I agree on the divorce/philandering part mind.