Crystal Palace manager

Mick

He's done what he's always done, stumbled on a winning formula and a winning team sheet. He will stick rigidly to that come what may. When it stops working or he goes behind he'll start to tinker and we'll be back on the slide. I'll enjoy the wins, who doesn't love beating the bin dippers? But sooner or later it'll be insufferable again.

Scarily looked like he knew what he was doing today. Certainly having his broken clock moment...it won't last.

Btw an alan Pardew who makes decisions and reacts to the game is infinitely better than the one that sits there doing nothing. Even if those reactions prove to be the wrong ones.

He's done what he's always done, stumbled on a winning formula and a winning team sheet. He will stick rigidly to that come what may. When it stops working or he goes behind he'll start to tinker and we'll be back on the slide. I'll enjoy the wins, who doesn't love beating the bin dippers? But sooner or later it'll be insufferable again.

Nailed it right there.

Abeid would never have been anywhere near the team but when the reserves turned over Man City ( a game they were picked to lose) Pardew was forced into leaving Gouffran out. Ironically Gouffran was probably being rested so he could start today.

The test for his "change in mentality" will be when we get beat. We looked world beaters for a period until Wigan pasted us and he immediately went back to normal.

This leopard won't be changing his spots anytime soon. He's living off the enthusiasm of a load of talented kids, which is fine, but you can't do that forever.

The test for his "change in mentality" will be when we get beat. We looked world beaters for a period until Wigan pasted us and he immediately went back to normal.

This leopard won't be changing his spots anytime soon. He's living off the enthusiasm of a load of talented kids, which is fine, but you can't do that forever.

IIRC, this happened in the season we finished 5th until Wigan bummed us and he reverted back to type, wasn't it?

Didn't something similar also happen where we had a decent little run, and he said 'we can let our hair down at Spurs' or other such moronic bullshit, we got absolutely humped and the 'safety mechanism' kicked in again afterward?

4 wins on the bounce, you have to give credit where it's due. Now confidence is up, a clear, attacking style of play should be formed as what we've seen recently isn't sustainable. This is where Pardew will be lacking. He can ride a wave but struggles to get back on the surf board when we fall into the sea, which every team does.

He gets no credit because it's not down to him, you've as much as said so there yourself.

4 wins on the bounce, you have to give credit where it's due. Now confidence is up, a clear, attacking style of play should be formed as what we've seen recently isn't sustainable. This is where Pardew will be lacking. He can ride a wave but struggles to get back on the surf board when we fall into the sea, which every team does.

He gets no credit because it's not down to him, you've as much as said so there yourself.

:thup: it's fucking daft man. He's a poor manager, we know this, why try and provide 'balance'?

He needs to go if we're ever to become anything but a mediocre Premiership side merely participating in the league, and the more people (and sorry Ste but you're included in this) start simmering down to give him the credit he deserves every time he manages to muster up a few results the less chance we have of him ever leaving. He'll literally be here for the entirety of his ludicrously long contract because the bar is set so low.

I don;t even know why I'm saying this, it's fucking obvious.

:thup:

Too many people without the courage in their own convictions. Same with Obertan. People think you're fucking mental now if you say he's still shit.

If you're gonna be wrong about something, be wrong. But don't change your mind after every fixture.

Attacking style of play?  Not seeing that at all, we have been getting a lot of space on the counter because we are playing high profile teams who want to dominate the game.

But when has it been any different?  It's always been like that.

I have to admit I was surprised he dropped Gouffran and started Abeid today but don't kid yourself Abeid will be out the minute Tiote is available and Gouffran will be in the minute we lose.

Even if he did the right thing and played Abeid, Sissoko, Aarons, Cabella and Ayoze on a regular basis so what?

He should have been playing some of these guys ages ago, he did the same with MYM, Marveaux and Anita when we had injuries and look what happened there.

It's the never ending cycle of bullshit with Pardew and he'll eventually as always revert to type and these same players will get the same treatment.

Even if it didn't and he learnt from his mistakes, would he deserve credit?  No way in hell imo, credit for doing his job? It's the least which should be expected of him.

Not that it matters anyway as he'll never change, he's inept and will always be inept.

Guest RJberger

shades of the 5th season when we were sitting low against teams who couldnt hit a barn door and a jammy 1-0 win off cisses arse...  34% possession at home when we were "gonna bring the game to Liverpool".

The Lying king will be shown up soon enough...

Guest antz1uk

needs pulling up on it like flies on shit, hopefully the sack pardew lot haven't lost hope and may have an article on that sort of stuff

Spot on, there's been a crusade to lower expectations and have us believe we are where we should be in the pecking order. 4 wins on the bounce will not convince me that the football I've witnessed over the last 4 years is acceptable or that this is his true level and not the preceding 10 months of dross. I'll take the wins but I don't believe for one second Pardew has masterminded it or that we've turned some kind of perpetual corner.

The sooner he's gone the better, end of, don't let any PR campaign have you believe anything else.

Too many people without the courage in their own convictions. Same with Obertan. People think you're fucking mental now if you say he's still shit.

If you're gonna be wrong about something, be wrong. But don't change your mind after every fixture.

Absolutely bang on.

Obertan will never amount to anything, Sissoko will never turn into a thinker and AP will always be a cunt.

If people want to believe otherwise on the back of a few results then thats up to them, I'll stick with a more long term view based on their previous though.

Absolutely bang on.

Obertan will never amount to anything, Sissoko will never turn into a thinker and AP will always be a cunt.

If people want to believe otherwise on the back of a few results then thats up to them, I'll stick with a more long term view based on their previous though.

These good Sissoko performances must be killing you.

Absolutely bang on.

Not at all. My main complaint about him has always been his lack of intelligence. I've never doubted his physical strength/ability to run.

He should be a fuck load more productive though and would be with a brain.

Absolutely bang on.

Not at all. My main complaint about him has always been his lack of intelligence. I've never doubted his physical strength/ability to run.

He should be a fuck load more productive though and would be with a brain.

If you get frustrated by him you must fucking despise the rest of the team given he's regularly the only one capable of driving the team forward and doing anything out of the ordinary.