Crystal Palace manager

Mick

COCqxkqWUAARXpb.jpg:large

'Hiya, is that the Alan Pardew lookalike? It is. Do you do birthday parties? That's great. Nah, it'll just be me and you because I have no one.'

When he gets there.

"But we wanted Alan Pardew, not Lt. Frank f***ing Dreben."

Who'd prefer fucking Pardew to Frank Dreben  [emoji38]

TCD or Cronky I guess.

COCqxkqWUAARXpb.jpg:large

'Hiya, is that the Alan Pardew lookalike? It is. Do you do birthday parties? That's great. Nah, it'll just be me and you because I have no one.'

When he gets there.

"But we wanted Alan Pardew, not Lt. Frank f***ing Dreben."

Who'd prefer fucking Pardew to Frank Dreben  [emoji38]

TCD or Cronky I guess.

And Ian.

Was on some podcast saying it was interesting his behaviour has slightly changed from being a total prick on the sideline so far this season so he didn't get done by the FA to increase his chances of said job.

He was in the frame before Roy was appointed. iirc a few days later Ashley gave him the 8 year contract,I remember thinking it was surely down to the compo that Ashley was hoping to get from the English F.A.

That was when he ruled himself out of taking the job and got derided by the media because they thought he was a trumped up League 2 manager with delusions of grandeur after having a fluke season. 

I would hate him to get the England job.  He would probably be the the most jammy bastard ever and win something and that would forever piss me off and give the pro pardew contingent a rather large stick to poke us with.

No thanks. Rather see him fail spectacularly with Palace.

Guest firetotheworks

I've went back and forward on the England thing like. I've no doubt that he'd fail badly, but at the same time the story behind it would be 'he's good enough for teams like Newcastle where he DEFINITELY did incredibly well, but he isn't cut out to manage England'

They'd go easy on him in the media as well I reckon. Basically him being the England manager would put me in a position where I'd actively want to watch England fail to the point of annihilation.

I think wanting him to fail so much is because every time Palace win, the narrative is how Newcastle fans must regret hounding him out.  Infact, everything he does there at the moment is referenced back to us.  And his whole time at Newcastle is now based solely on the 5th season with all the relegation battles, poor football and his personal misdemeanours conveniently airbrushed our of his Newcastle career.

Many have said it before but I'll say it again, he could win the Champions League (I know right?) With Palace, that in no way means he was ever or would ever have been good for us. With the help of Ashley he sucked the soul out of the club I love and even though it feels like it's gone a little way to being patched up at this point he set us back years and I'll never forgive him for that.

And yes I watch in earnest, obsessively hoping and praying for the day Palace go down the pan and the house of Pards goes up in a glorious fireball. Cunt!