Crystal Palace manager

Mick

They'll do alright this year.

The players will still be bought into his style, he'll still have them working on nullifying the opposition by working together as a cohesive defensive unit and it will seem like he really has a plan to mould them into a quality side. First they learn to defend together as a team and once that has been accomplished they can begin trying to play the fast paced, front foot football that he's told them about. They'll have a good run at some point before Christmas and be siting in midtable at the turn of the year.

Come February though it'll become apparent to the players that he actually has no further plans for the team, that for as long as they're bound to him their professional lives will be a dull, aching hell on earth where their only goal in life is to avoid being slaughtered by the genius contained in teams like Stoke, Sunderland and Norwich City.

The last few months of the season will be poor, maybe seven or eight points from their last ten games. But they'll be safe by then, so no matter.

Next season they'll show up for preseason and be told it's time to build that solid defensive unit fellas. By then most of them will have stopped listening, all bar the grafters who can't do anything else. And then he'll take them down.

Soon.

CNmGYRnWgAEuYkg.jpg:large

dat record. dat smile. so much :anguish:

Very decent start tbf, but had similar periods with us before it turned from the odd tits up to overwhelming shit. Maintain he's a good manager/motivator but goes to pot/cowardly as fuck when the results take a downward turn. Time will tell if that's still the case now he 'feels supported'. :hmm:

Guest Howaythetoon

He's a good salesman, but when people realise the product they have just bought is shit, he has nothing to compensate. He's what I'd call a patter merchant, has the gift of the gab etc. but no real substance.

Mind, I think at Palace he has found his club.

Are we sure he's going to fail? I keep calming myself with that - and how history repeats itself with Charlton, West Ham & Newcastle - but maybe he won't. The smarmy bastard rolls a double six every time at Palace.

Are we sure he's going to fail? I keep calming myself with that - and how history repeats itself with Charlton, West Ham & Newcastle - but maybe he won't. The smarmy bastard rolls a double six every time at Palace.

The only way he won't fail is if he moves on before it happens (IE to England or whatever). He'll just fail on the biggest stage instead.

Can't believe people are worried this guy has become a good manager. No chance. He'll tank. In a way I'm loving how the hype is now building. Will make the crash all the more spectacular.

Still just standard Pardew procedure - generally starts well, doesn't have a fucking clue what to do when it starts to go wrong/everyone realises he's a cunt. Be patient.

Exactly, pants shitting all over this thread. 'His club'? It's fucking Alan Pardew, man, weren't you watching for the last five years? :lol:

Mind, I think at Palace he has found his club.

A tiny club that shouldn't be in the Premier League; yeah, I think you're right.

Bit of a stupid comment, this. None of us like Pardew but don't lower yourself to that.

They'll do alright this year.

The players will still be bought into his style, he'll still have them working on nullifying the opposition by working together as a cohesive defensive unit and it will seem like he really has a plan to mould them into a quality side. First they learn to defend together as a team and once that has been accomplished they can begin trying to play the fast paced, front foot football that he's told them about. They'll have a good run at some point before Christmas and be siting in midtable at the turn of the year.

Come February though it'll become apparent to the players that he actually has no further plans for the team, that for as long as they're bound to him their professional lives will be a dull, aching hell on earth where their only goal in life is to avoid being slaughtered by the genius contained in teams like Stoke, Sunderland and Norwich City.

The last few months of the season will be poor, maybe seven or eight points from their last ten games. But they'll be safe by then, so no matter.

Next season they'll show up for preseason and be told it's time to build that solid defensive unit fellas. By then most of them will have stopped listening, all bar the grafters who can't do anything else. And then he'll take them down.

Soon.

Not that different to Allardyce at West Ham tbh. There's a shelf life to this type of football, and it gets shorter with every half decent player sold. All of Palace's good players were already there before Pardew arrived. I'm not even sure they are that good, but they suit Pardew's de facto game plan perfectly.