Crystal Palace manager

Mick

I think we'll get beat in the cup at Palace and then lose away at Stoke and Swansea.

Just hope some of the fans keep up.the campaign away from home, and hopefully he'll be gone by the time Leicester (and Nigel Pearson) come up here.

Anyone know what the average points for ending 10th place has been the last 5-10 years? Or know where to find that..?

Quick look suggests about 48/49 points.

I was about to follow that up with my next question, but I'd rather cut right down to the core: What are the chances Alan Pardew will get 10th or better? (isnt he required to achieve that to keep his job?... might just be me dreaming, but I seem to recall there's been talks on here about there being such a clause in his contract?)

Guess Ashley is hoping we don't go down but don't finish in the top half. I reckon that's the deal with him being able to terminate Pardews contact early. It's a gamble, I seriously hope it backfires in his face and we become a championship club again.

Guess Ashley is hoping we don't go down but don't finish in the top half. I reckon that's the deal with him being able to terminate Pardews contact early. It's a gamble, I seriously hope it backfires in his face and we become a championship club again.

:kasper: Yes, that's a huge gamble. Under normal circumstances I'd disagree with you about relegation. But I feel it has all gone so far that the only thing that could top the shit going on is renaming the club SportsDirect United.

"I've tried to carry the job with dignity and be honest and sometimes it's nice if professionals in the game reflect that.

"Sometimes it's also important to know we're trying to do an honest job.

"It's not just about me, it's about my staff who come in every day and want to make this team better. It's something I feel very strongly about defending and that's an example of which I thought was wrong."

Just when I think I can't hate this guy anymore.  This guy wouldn't know dignity if it was liquified and inserted into that helicopter penis that Bontempi posted, and then gleefully flown into his ass before dropping its payload.  Actually come to think of it, the very act of injecting him with dignity using a motor driven flying dildo would counteract the dignity that he's being injected with, leaving him with the same amount of dignity before he was raped.  Nevermind.

Said it earlier in the week, but the Mackems 'great Escape' last season has probably changed Ashleys mindset slightly.

He'll probably always be a stubborn tw*t and not want to bow to fan pressure, but the fact S*nderland became the first team to be bottom at Christmas and then survive proved it can be done. But even that relies on other results going your way.

Only pressure from outside the club can force Pardew to leave, because I doubt the fat man above him will even consider it, till new year!

Guest neesy111

If 5 wins in 24 games can't get you the sack, then nothing will.

Either Ashley is the biggest idiot ever to have graced any sport or Pardew has something on Ashley.

These draws at home are the worst thing as well, in the long run won't be enough to keep us up but in the short term it pleases the knackers at SJP and alleviates the pressure. 

These draws at home are the worst thing as well, in the long run won't be enough to keep us up but in the short term it pleases the knackers at SJP and alleviates the pressure. 

It was draws like this at home which relegated us. 

Keep on it Ashley mate.

It couldnt have turned out any worse :(

I would say the c***s are delighted!

Need to keep it going, the away supports much stronger anyways

Agreed. It seems like the only prominent games have been Cardiff last season, Southampton, and Hull today. We should at least keep the level of commitment consistent for every game, even if today was a letdown. Hopefully more people will see sense when we're still stuck in the bottom 4 next month.

Guest TruToon94

Well we barely managered a draw against a very poor side... At home... And they were missing their best player (who is also ours as well).

Fact is we still haven't won for five games this season yet. This result is more like when Wolves drew with us and went down anyway. Thing is that this has now guaranteed relegation. If we pushed against him today, we could have stopped ourselves from going done by getting a decent manager. I still don't think we can win any matches upcoming. I reckon Pardew will go in November by which time we might have hit ten matches without a win which means unless the likes of De Boer was to come in, we'd be going down.

At least the next league game at Stoke will be live on Sky so hopefully away fans will do the biz that the majority of our home support -the pathetic shower of shite - failed to do. Gutted that he was able to spend more or less the entire game in the technical area and was rewarded with a nice round of applause at the end. Tossers

Man I feel so depressed. To go from yesterday with plenty of hope to today I feel theres zero hope.

I am so p*ssed off with the fans today seriously the fat c*** is on camera laughing at us and you are rowing with fellow fans ffs!

I give up :(

Unfortunately I've reached this point too. We just have too many mindless fans who will just blindly accept the constant shit they are fed. Today was a massive let down.

I can't see a way past him being here until Ashley personally gets tired of him. This feels just like the Kinnear situation. He was here, we wanted him out, we couldn't get rid of him and then one day he was leaving. Pardew being Pardew it's most likely to be at a time when he sticks his foot in his mouth and eventually says something Ashley doesn't like again. He'll do it eventually, he's good at saying the absolute wrong thing. At the moment those wrong things are towards the fans. He'll misstep with Ashley eventually though. It seems far more about that for Ashley than any on pitch performance of reaction. Sad that it's like that, but that seems to be how it is with him.

Just going through his post-match waffle on nufcTV.

I am not stupid enough to think they love me or support me.

Fair play I was thinking at least he isn't totally naive.

And then:

[On the fans] They are realistic, they know we are not a top six club. I think they know that. We ain't got the resources to do that. But 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th or 12th whatever - we have got to challenge those positions. And we are not good enough to do that at the moment.

:anguish: