Crystal Palace manager

Mick

What on earth is that? How old are you people?

a most realistic football manager game, with 3d lifelike action.

http://www.fraserking.co.uk/spectrum/screenshots/Football_Manager2.png

This is what is inside Pardews mind when setting a team up. 

maybe we've stumbled upon the truth- and in Actual fact Pards did learn managing from his Spectrum.

Like a football management game, but every week you would fill in your team selection, tactics, transfer targets etc on a form and post it off. Then they would simulate the games etc and you would get the results back.

You could also phone other managers to do transfer deals etc, but we never did that becasuse we were too scared. One phoned me at my Mam's house once, I was properly freaked out.

Like a football management game, but every week you would fill in your team selection, tactics, transfer targets etc on a form and post it off. Then they would simulate the games etc and you would get the results back.

You could also phone other managers to do transfer deals etc, but we never did that becasuse we were too scared. One phoned me at my Mam's house once, I was properly freaked out.

:shifty:

Guest strongbow69

Me and my mate managed Wimbledon to the PL title circa 1997 in a play-by-mail management game. I deal the realism helped me prepare for a career in management.

was it called extra time?

It sounds like its come a long way since I used to play on this. :lol:

http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/120062-football-manager-zx-spectrum-screenshot-team-selections.png

Christ almighty it must be 30 years since we used to play on that. My dad brought home this ropey copy on a unlabelled cassette that had been cracked and you had £999,999 or something daft in the bank. But players only became available at the rate of one a week and half the time they were shite. :lol:

http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/120062-football-manager-zx-spectrum-screenshot-team-selections.png

Christ almighty it must be 30 years since we used to play on that. My dad brought home this ropey copy on a unlabelled cassette that had been cracked and you had £999,999 or something daft in the bank. But players only became available at the rate of one a week and half the time they were s****. :lol:

Keegan with a skill level of 1? Travesty. I used to play Match Day on my Spectrum a lot back in the day.

Can't believe I paid to play those fucking games. Awful idea.

Christ almighty it must be 30 years since we used to play on that. My dad brought home this ropey copy on a unlabelled cassette that had been cracked and you had £999,999 or something daft in the bank. But players only became available at the rate of one a week and half the time they were shite. :lol:

It was fucking painful if you wanted a 4 or a 5 forward- you could easily wait a whole season. :lol:

Loading up the midfield and playing fittest players was way to go I won countless titles like that.

FM is basically just a massive database collected by obsessive people who watch their team/reserves/youth on a regular basis. It's just an aggregator of lots of scouts in that sense. Makes perfect sense that clubs would use it as a scouting option.

Can't stop laughing at this. Not sure why  :lol:

Can't stop laughing at this. Not sure why  :lol:

Ian W being groomed is highly amusing like.

Fucking hell I remember those  :lol:

Guest strongbow69

Fucking hell I remember those  :lol:

still running though the database needs updated, srnicek and lee clark still in the squad  :mike:

f***ing hell I remember those  :lol:

PBM was the bollocks, not sure how the Southampton fans took me selling Matt Le Tissier to my mate who was Lazio manager during my first week in charge, but hey ho, I got a week worth of dinner tickets in real life for the deal, who could refuse?

Me and my mate managed Wimbledon to the PL title circa 1997 in a play-by-mail management game. I deal the realism helped me prepare for a career in management.

was it called extra time?

Wow, no idea, I still have the certificate at my Mam's but I can't remember the name off hand.