Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Guest Howaythetoon

Pardew is for me the worst manager we have ever had. Souness was bad at getting results, alienating players and spending money, but he went into his office every morning believing we could beat whoever we were next facing.

He didn't dumb down the size of the club or try and lower expectations. Pardew worked tirelessly with the club owner and his other men to downsize everything, to downplay everything. And he succeeded. If he was half as skilled at managing players and wining matches he'd be one of the best in the world.

You have to say, he did a great job for Ashley and a great job on the club and its fans who today consider a home defeat to Leicester as somewhat acceptable because they are doing well you know and have a player who has scored in 10 consecutive games. A round of applause all-round don't you agree.

I hope Pardew fails at everything and becomes a miserable bastard. I want nothing but the worst for him. The cunt! He has destroyed my club along with Ashley and forced me to loath it and the game and with it myself somewhat for actually wanting my club to be relegated, to lose games.

Guest Howaythetoon

And you should, but he's a better manager than Pardew and Souness.

By a distance. I hate Big Sam because he ticks many boxes but for him football is all about stats and percentages and he will not deviate away from that ever. He is almost a parody of himself these days. He fucked up big time here and has never recovered.

Guest Howaythetoon

Big Sam had a mandate to try and achieve though, and he was still negative and played for draws at home against Derby. At least Pardew has the excuse of the Ashley regime.

Pardew's shitness infected every vein of this club though, Big Sam only infected the results and match day experience. Pardew has helped create one of if not the worst chapters in our history. Big Sam is aids, Pardew cancer!

I will always believe that PArdew was responsible for dampening the clubs ambitions.

Allardyce did a number on Ashley's willingness to buy players, the Keegan fiasco and Shearer not being able to save us turned him off any sort of connection with the fans, but even in Pardew's first summer we bought Cabaye, Ben Arfa on a permanent deal, got Ba on a decent wage and then spent on Cisse in the January. A profit on transfers model existed, but the signings were progessive as well as being potential. I'm not forgetting the Carrol money, but nobody would have turned down 35 million for a player with 6 months premier league experience.

Come the next season and increased hope/expectation. Didn't Pardew just do a great job of telling everyone that we wouldn't be able to compete and that we were lucky to be on the same pitch as Brighton. Cue a bad season and lack of profit on transfers, the bar was lowered in terms of what calibre of player we would look to make a profit on - its now all bargain basement deals (until this summer when he found a fiver behind the sofa).

Ashley knows nothing about football and is easiy swayed - if enough people were telling him to invest after the 5th place and it would lead to better performances and ultimately cash he would have. Instead we got a message that we fluked 5th and shoudlnt be looking to get there again

Guest Howaythetoon

I'm in no doubt Pardew did something of a job on Ashley, him and DL. Which is why I reckon Kinnear was brought in a second time, to keep a footballing eye on them. But Pardew did Ashley's bidding for him in the main and served his master well. Pardew is such a snake, he bailed it here for Palace, leaving his owner up shit creek to so speak.

I will always believe that PArdew was responsible for dampening the clubs ambitions.

Allardyce did a number on Ashley's willingness to buy players, the Keegan fiasco and Shearer not being able to save us turned him off any sort of connection with the fans, but even in Pardew's first summer we bought Cabaye, Ben Arfa on a permanent deal, got Ba on a decent wage and then spent on Cisse in the January. A profit on transfers model existed, but the signings were progessive as well as being potential. I'm not forgetting the Carrol money, but nobody would have turned down 35 million for a player with 6 months premier league experience.

Come the next season and increased hope/expectation. Didn't Pardew just do a great job of telling everyone that we wouldn't be able to compete and that we were lucky to be on the same pitch as Brighton. Cue a bad season and lack of profit on transfers, the bar was lowered in terms of what calibre of player we would look to make a profit on - its now all bargain basement deals (until this summer when he found a fiver behind the sofa).

Ashley knows nothing about football and is easiy swayed - if enough people were telling him to invest after the 5th place and it would lead to better performances and ultimately cash he would have. Instead we got a message that we fluked 5th and shoudlnt be looking to get there again

Absolutely spot on.

This is wishful thinking imo.

For the 5th season - we essentially spent all the Carroll money and sold/replaced big wage earners (Barton, Enrique & Nolan) for players that were even better on decent wages but low fees.. and nearly all of them paid off or contributed to a good season. We bought Cabaye for the same fee we sold Nolan for, HBA signed up for the fee we sold Enrique for, Santon, Ba & Marveaux on good wages but this was hardly a statement of intent to the league. This is when talk of including a years wages in the transfer total of a signing started so we wouldn't be spending a pure £35m of the Carroll money. The Cisse transfer was the last of the Carroll money when including new player wages for a season.

When Enrique and Barton left - both criticised a lack of ambition at the very top of the club. People always forget this.

We finished 5th, in the EL. You need to strengthen significantly if you're going to cope with that if you're squad isn't used to it. Everton & Swansea tried to strengthen with good players like Besic, Eto'o & Bony for EL campaigns and still struggled with managers that either get sacked or  were rumoured to be in trouble. We signed Vurnon Anita. We had no ambition to try and compete.

There's no significant financial benefit of competing in the EL. Ashley's business models don't include premium services for a reason.

People think I actually like Pardew. I just don't give him credit for being the mastermind behind the clubs strategic direction. People hating him more than Mike Ashley is baffling to me.

This is wishful thinking imo.

For the 5th season - we essentially spent all the Carroll money and sold/replaced big wage earners (Barton, Enrique & Nolan) for players that were even better on decent wages but low fees.. and nearly all of them paid off or contributed to a good season. We bought Cabaye for the same fee we sold Nolan for, HBA signed up for the fee we sold Enrique for, Santon, Ba & Marveaux on good wages but this was hardly a statement of intent to the league. This is when talk of including a years wages in the transfer total of a signing started so we wouldn't be spending a pure £35m of the Carroll money. The Cisse transfer was the last of the Carroll money when including new player wages for a season.

When Enrique and Barton left - both criticised a lack of ambition at the very top of the club. People always forget this.

We finished 5th, in the EL. You need to strengthen significantly if you're going to cope with that if you're squad isn't used to it. Everton & Swansea tried to strengthen with good players like Besic, Eto'o & Bony for EL campaigns and still struggled with managers that either get sacked or  were rumoured to be in trouble. We signed Vurnon Anita. We had no ambition to try and compete.

There's no significant financial benefit of competing in the EL. Ashley's business models don't include premium services for a reason.

People think I actually like Pardew. I just don't give him credit for being the mastermind behind the clubs strategic direction. People hating him more than Mike Ashley is baffling to me.

We get that there was a lack of investment but Pardew put his teams out to defend, and not very well either. When new players arrive at our club we get a brief glimpse of what they are like and how attacking minded they are, Pardew trains that out of them. Not only that but when a player is doing well despite Pardew's methods, Pardew actively try to sell him. When results don't go our way Pardew points the finger at everyone else but himself, he even accused the crowd for being the reason why we drew a game after cheering what should have been a late winner against Crystal Palace. Not only that but the man had no dignity, we have all heard the stories of how he got the job 'actively getting into debt and whispering in the ear of Llambias about CH's job', but not only that he was pushing referee's and officials, calling other managers a cunt, oh and head butting an opposition players. The media have forgot all about that, but wait until the guy gets the England job and he's doing in the World Cup finals. I don't think people hate him more than Ashley, but people hate him because he's ripped out anything good about our squad, they are capable of much more than they are doing now and have done for the last 4 seasons, but Pardew got to them, despite the owners ambitions we still have a squad who are managed right can compete (not for a title, but for a cup run and on our day we can give anyone a game).