Rémi Garde and the case of the missing art galleries

Nobody

Despite my misgivings about short term image damage of all this rubbish to the club, I think getting rid of Pardew is a massive positive whichever way you spin it.  We could have had Pardew for five more years since he's capable of sliming his way through anything.  Instead Carver will last 6-12 months at most even if he gets the job.  Whatever has happened is still for the long term benefit of the club as long as we don't get relegated.

It's embarrassing though if Carver does get the job. It's like the club can't be arsed to appoint a manager, which you sort of need these days in football.

It'll also be embarrassing because of the media spin.... 'they got the Geordie they wanted and it's done them no favors'

I wouldn't put anything past this club, but would Ashley really trust our Premiership survival to a Neanderthal? I think we're probably waiting to see if he has the ability to drag us safe to seasons end. If he fails to pick up any points by the end of the month someone will be appointed. If Carver starts picking up points and looks like he can keep us safe I can see them keeping him in charge until the summer and consider our options then when a few more managers may be available. I refuse to believe they'd want him in full time.

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Carver got the job. We've got just about enough points to not have to worry about relegation (famous last words), it's a cheap option and so they'll probably give it to him.

You have to remember this is a club which now doesn't want to achieve anything :-/

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Carver got the job. We've got just about enough points to not have to worry about relegation (famous last words), it's a cheap option and so they'll probably give it to him.

You have to remember this is a club which now doesn't want to achieve anything :-/

Hes obviosuly not getting the job FFS where is this shit coming from.

He even said they have not really spoke to him about it.

This 2 week break is starting to loom over us now like the spectre of death :lol:

Ugh, forgot about the international break. As if January wasn't shit enough.

i've been fairly positive in my thinking about a new manager to this point but the hammer drop is coming, i can feel it :lol:

Hes obviosuly not getting the job FFS where is this s*** coming from.

I agree mainly but wouldn't it just be typical of us to appoint him, even just until the summer when we have the 2 weeks to come to terms with it.

This 2 week break is starting to loom over us now like the spectre of death :lol:

Isn't it the 4th round of the FA cup?

Agreed - they will take the Carver(cheap) option if they can possibly do it and they don't really care how things work out as long as he keeps the club in the PL. Any other form of success is of NO interest to them. Ashley is a proven chancer so will take the gamble if Carver picks up a few points before the end of the month.

Isn't it the 4th round of the FA cup?

Wait, there's a 4th round?  When did this happen?

I still live in hope that it won't be Carver, purely based on the fact he's not been offered it yet, despite Ashley knowing the guy would do it for peanuts.

Still frustrating that the club haven't made any kind of statement at all though, just fucking drifting along as usual.

Hes obviosuly not getting the job FFS where is this s*** coming from.

I agree mainly but wouldn't it just be typical of us to appoint him, even just until the summer when we have the 2 weeks to come to terms with it.

Slim when have you believed ANYTHING coming out of the club anyway? :lol: Apologies if the post was deemed overly negative but I'm only basing an opinion on 'years' of ridiculous decisions made by Ashley which centre around ££££

Guest antz1uk

Been 18 days since the King departed. I tend to agree with Gary Lineker in that they are dragging it out to take the attention off any signings.

tbh I really couldn't care about no signings, if we get a decent coach in we've got enough quality to limp through to tghe end of the seano (bar 1 defender)

Guest Roger Kint

The Dubai trip was booked before Christmas, no need to get all emo because of that.

So we booked this before we played the 3rd round? But we're not throwing cup games, honest! :hmm:

From .com

Wednesday's Chronicle reports that the Newcastle first team will spend next week at a training camp in Dubai, following this Saturday's home game with Southampton.

It's also claimed that the trip was agreed before Alan Pardew's resignation, presumably meaning that they'll return before FA Cup Fourth Round weekend - unless they really were that confident of losing at Leicester..... 

No confirmation of when we originally chose to return. Like its been said above we did it last year too

Guest Roger Kint

Press confrence today, maybe we'll find out a little more.

At what time?

Usually about 1.30ish i think for home games

Carver will be by far the thickest manaer in the Premier League if we appoint him. Modern managers need intelligence to stand a chance of succeeding and Carver falls so far short it's ridiculous. It would be a monumental f*** up of an appointment.

Bear in mind Carr, Charnley and Ashley have worked with this trained ape for years now. I just can't see them going down that route knowing what they do about him.  They might not necessarily want us to challenge for cups and european football but staying in the Premier League is focal to Ashley's business plan and Carver would be a huge huge risk.

Carver will be by far the thickest manaer in the Premier League if we appoint him. Modern managers need intelligence to stand a chance of succeeding and Carver falls so far short it's ridiculous. It would be a monumental f*** up of an appointment.

Bear in mind Carr, Charnley and Ashley have worked with this trained ape for years now. I just can't see them going down that route knowing what they do about him.  They might not necessarily want us to challenge for cups and european football but staying in the Premier League is focal to Ashley's business plan and Carver would be a huge huge risk.

"trained ape" suits him :lol: