Newcastle United 1 - 0 Aston Villa - 28/02/15 - post-match reaction from page 19

Dave

How was Riviere?

Play his role decently.

How can a striker going 90 mins without a serious effort on goal be a decent performance?

Because his role today was to make a nuisance of himself and create space for Cisse, which he did.

:lol: could have hoyed a dog on the pitch and he would have been a nuisance man.

Mike Williamson's scored more league goals than him man. He's an absolute joker.

51,573  :lol:

When all's said and done...this is what stands out for me. Without meaning to alienate or belittle a huge number of people from a region I respect greatly...are our fans fucking retarded or what? Fuck sake man.

When all's said and done...this is what stands out for me. Without meaning to alienate or belittle a huge number of people from a region I respect greatly...are our fans f***ing retarded or what? f*** sake man.

I can't believe there were that many in the ground although it was pretty full.  I reckon they are counting seats sold rather than the actual attendance. 

Oh had to endure a friend of a friend spouting about the club driving out Pardew who was tactically astute and got a lot out of a bad squad apparently  :rant: :rant: :rant:

I'll preface this by saying i'm over the moon that Pardew has finally gone and this is in no way an endorsement of his shithouse tactics and horrible football but....

I didn't think it was possible for us to look like we had even less of an idea of what we were supposed to be doing on a football pitch than when he was here but our brave crumpled faced necromancer has somehow achieved it.  Especially in the last 3 games we've gone out looking like 11 lads plucked from the street, given boots and kit and told to get on with it.  No shape, no plan, no organisation or movement.

I don't know what they're doing in training but none of our players seem to have any idea of where on the pitch they're supposed to be in any given phase of play, it's like a pick up game on the street.  Positional discipline is non existent (see Colo charging forward on the counter yesterday ending up at the edge of the Villa box), players are just roaming around the pitch depriving us of width and options and meaning that when the opposition get the ball they have massive spaces to exploit.

I've honestly never seen a professional, elite level football team play in such an amateur and haphazard way.  It's like a sunday league team's idea of 'Total Football'.

Saw an edited 1 hour replay of this game today ; absolute rubbish for most of that.

Villa the better side for at least most of the first half and the lack of a plan, disjointed play and, at times, school-boy standard of control by most of the side was appalling to watch. Colo probably our best player although Janmaat might have shaded it because he was creating the most danger to Villa with crosses into the box that were intelligent rather than a hoof.

Unlike some I was far from impressed with Cisse's control and laying-off - as ever, he was able to get on the end of one of Janmaat's crosses and poke it in for our goal but that was about as much danger as he created from the highlights I saw. Perez continues to look dangerous once he comes on but our Alien French winger once again gave a first rate impression of a chicken with its head cut off, or sometimes, a rabbit caught in headlights...he freezes whenever he is presented with a penalty area and made sure everyone had to sweat until the final minute of injury time instead of killing Villa off.

The club were VERY fortunate to get the 3 points and far tougher tests than this will ensure a miserable and dragged-out end to the season.

How anyone would pay Ashley to watch this dross is beyond my comprehension - rather them than me.

Oh had to endure a friend of a friend spouting about the club driving out Pardew who was tactically astute and got a lot out of a bad squad apparently  :rant: :rant: :rant:

I'll preface this by saying i'm over the moon that Pardew has finally gone and this is in no way an endorsement of his shithouse tactics and horrible football but....

I didn't think it was possible for us to look like we had even less of an idea of what we were supposed to be doing on a football pitch than when he was here but our brave crumpled faced necromancer has somehow achieved it.  Especially in the last 3 games we've gone out looking like 11 lads plucked from the street, given boots and kit and told to get on with it.  No shape, no plan, no organisation or movement.

I don't know what they're doing in training but none of our players seem to have any idea of where on the pitch they're supposed to be in any given phase of play, it's like a pick up game on the street.  Positional discipline is non existent (see Colo charging forward on the counter yesterday ending up at the edge of the Villa box), players are just roaming around the pitch depriving us of width and options and meaning that when the opposition get the ball they have massive spaces to exploit.

I've honestly never seen a professional, elite level football team play in such an amateur and haphazard way.  It's like a sunday league team's idea of 'Total Football'.

That's a really good summing up - struck me pretty much from the start that there was no clear game plan or structure, the players were just winging it. A better side would have picked us apart, as we'll probably see on Wednesday night...

Saw an edited 1 hour replay of this game today ; absolute rubbish for most of that.

Villa the better side for at least most of the first half and the lack of a plan, disjointed play and, at times, school-boy standard of control by most of the side was appalling to watch. Colo probably our best player although Janmaat might have shaded it because he was creating the most danger to Villa with crosses into the box that were intelligent rather than a hoof.

Unlike some I was far from impressed with Cisse's control and laying-off - as ever, he was able to get on the end of one of Janmaat's crosses and poke it in for our goal but that was about as much danger as he created from the highlights I saw. Perez continues to look dangerous once he comes on but our Alien French winger once again gave a first rate impression of a chicken with its head cut off, or sometimes, a rabbit caught in headlights...he freezes whenever he is presented with a penalty area and made sure everyone had to sweat until the final minute of injury time instead of killing Villa off.

The club were VERY fortunate to get the 3 points and far tougher tests than this will ensure a miserable and dragged-out end to the season.

How anyone would pay Ashley to watch this dross is beyond my comprehension - rather them than me.

Going by the same highlights -

The defending looked terrible yet again - I don't know how we managed to keep a clean sheet. Colo got in some good blocks, but he was barely able to get any sort of challenge in on Benteke in the air, who won't have had an easier game all season.

I agree about Cisse - his link-up play isn't good enough - and Obertan seems to have pace and nothing else.

Aye, there's not a chance in hell there was that many people in the ground today.

Thought it looked about right from my seat in the Gallowgate. About 300 empty seats in the Villa end and about another 300 spread over Level 7. The rest of the ground looked full, even the Platinum club looked chocka.

Out of all the games to criticise Cisse's link up play, yesterday, really? Thought it was absolutely fine, and he scored the goal that won the game

You may think so but I thought he was crap - as usual. He may have scored the goal - and God be thanked for that - but his general play and control is amateurish. He also lacks pace and is now just a poacher who I would sell if we had a club run by a professional instead of a greedy tight-fisted Market trader who won't pay market rate for a decent CF.

You obviously weren't following the club when we had Shearer up front or even David Kelly, let alone Supermac.

I'm glad I walked away after the Hull match at home last season and absolutely no desire to go back anytime soon. I mean really what is the point? To be honest the way it is right now, I'm not even that fussed about watching them on tv.

Saw someone on Twitter say they didn't mind the bad performance because we won and they'd always take that over a good performance where we lost. Aside from the obvious that good performances will almost certainly generate more points in the long run, considering we're not going down and we're not going upwards anywhere, is it really too much to ask for a bit of entertainment and excitement at this stage of the season?

They must have loved Pardew, picking up points despite the football being AIDS was his forte.

That's a really good summing up - struck me pretty much from the start that there was no clear game plan or structure, the players were just winging it. A better side would have picked us apart, as we'll probably see on Wednesday night...

This is something that's irritating me tbh, because they've essentially appointed a bloke off a bar stool to take over from Pardew the slimy prick looks better with every game that goes by.

Desperate for us to get Garde for next season and see what's fucking what then.

Carver man, honestly, you wouldn't give him a fiver to stick in the bandit never mind put him in charge of a multi million pound football club.

Thought we could have been beat yesterday but in the second half we played some decent stuff, especially on the counter.

Same old bullshit;

Why don't we work on Kruls kicking?

Why is Williamson getting a game and allowed to hoof?

Why are we hitting set pieces to Williamson still?

Why a aren't they working on Obertans end product?

Why don't we try and keep possession (this was Villa)?

Why bring Gouffran on and go deep and narrow for the last 20?

How's Riviere getting a game over Perez?

Too many repeat performances from our management IMO. That said Villa were God awful and we showed at least some decent stuff.

What got me was how we were playing the worst team in the league, lost 6 in a row yet we still had no plan to beat them

Absolutely no tactics from Carver except launch it forward. He spent 99% of the game stood with "Stoney" just watching and clapping. All I saw him do was shout at Abeid a lot.

What got me was how we were playing the worst team in the league, lost 6 in a row yet we still had no plan to beat them

Absolutely no tactics from Carver except launch it forward. He spent 99% of the game stood with "Stoney" just watching and clapping. All I saw him do was shout at Abeid a lot.

We may as well not bother having coaching staff. All they seem to do is put the cones out for training, watch what is happening around them on matchdays and try to make 4 subs.

We're just a zombie club with no-one in any kind of control beyond the spreadsheets.

When all's said and done...this is what stands out for me. Without meaning to alienate or belittle a huge number of people from a region I respect greatly...are our fans fucking retarded or what? Fuck sake man.

Scum, the lot of them.

Was awful that like. Still, pushing Villa towards potential relegation made the 90 minutes almost worthwhile.

We've looked that clueless under Pardew before and even more toothless at times as well IMO.

But aye we were shambolic, Carver is shit as are the rest of our coaching staff, if you can call them that.

When all's said and done...this is what stands out for me. Without meaning to alienate or belittle a huge number of people from a region I respect greatly...are our fans f***ing retarded or what? f*** sake man.

Scum, the lot of them.

Was awful that like. Still, pushing Villa towards potential relegation made the 90 minutes almost worthwhile.

I'm not too fussed about people going to the match, I just wish they'd show some passion, give Ashley some shit, shout/sing for 90 minutes, just something. They just sit like a bunch of fucking zombies. Met up with a Villa fan after the match and he made the point that to him a lot of our fans "didn't look like they were too interested in the football or too bothered about the result." I couldn't have put it better myself.

Out of all the games to criticise Cisse's link up play, yesterday, really? Thought it was absolutely fine, and he scored the goal that won the game

You may think so but I thought he was crap - as usual. He may have scored the goal - and God be thanked for that - but his general play and control is amateurish. He also lacks pace and is now just a poacher who I would sell if we had a club run by a professional instead of a greedy tight-fisted Market trader who won't pay market rate for a decent CF.

You obviously weren't following the club when we had Shearer up front or even David Kelly, let alone Supermac.

With Mandoon here, like. Cisse played perfectly well yesterday. We all know he's not Shearer or Supermac but I couldn't care less if he keeps scoring a goal every 85 minutes or whatever his rate it. Neither should you.

With Mandoon here, like. Cisse played perfectly well yesterday. We all know he's not Shearer or Supermac but I couldn't care less if he keeps scoring a goal every 85 minutes or whatever his rate it. Neither should you.

The average football match has less than three goals. Even if Cisse lied in the grass the rest of the match, a goal per 80 minutes makes him the most valuable player in the team by a distance. Still, we have seen his goals dry up often before and when that is the case, he is rather useless. If this club was serious, they would bring in another established striker in the summer if Manu continues not to show anything, so we don't have such a Cisse-dependence.