Charlie Austin

HawK

Offered a new deal by QPR according to Sky Sports.

No surprise, but why would he sign it?

Release clause

Actually no, that still doesn't make sense given he'd be out of contract next summer

To give something back to QPR? Just like Delph did?

Offered a new deal by QPR according to Sky Sports.

No surprise, but why would he sign it?

Release clause

Actually no, that still doesn't make sense given he'd be out of contract next summer

To give something back to QPR? Just like Delph did?

I think his main priority will be to sign for an established premier league club if he's got any ambition at all so I don't think he'll be taking them up on the offer. You can't blame them for trying though.

Personally I have no problem with us trying to sign him, I just don't like this 1 in 1 out or 1 signing here, sorted type mentality. If we were building a squad to mount a genuine push for Europe or Cup competitions, fair enough. To have Cisse, Mitrovic, Austin as a striking team would be awesome. And to have depth in quality is all great.

Perhaps they will force him into a transfer request. That will save them a few quid on a loyalty bonus and then they will sell him slightly cheaper.

There's definitely a public game of poker going on.

He should sit tight and play it out, QPR will eventually buckle as they can't afford to see him walk for nothing in 10 months time. Austin could probably afford to go through the motions for the next 10 months.

I know our club was shit last season and I know it was only a handful or so of times I'd waste my time watching QPR but he looked far more dangerous running about and creating his own shots than people give him credit for.

If he's brought in and has to compete to win the spot versus the others in I'm okay with that. Earn your spot by scoring goals.

But again We aren't that type of club so would rather spend the money elsewhere.

I know our club was s*** last season and I know it was only a handful or so of times I'd waste my time watching QPR but he looked far more dangerous running about and creating his own shots than people give him credit for.

If he's brought in and has to compete to win the spot versus the others in I'm okay with that. Earn your spot by scoring goals.

But again We aren't that type of club so would rather spend the money elsewhere.

Getting him while keeping Cisse would only be a weird one. I don't mind competition, but like you say, we have other positions to improve after adding Mitroovic and seemingly wanting to play with a lone-striker up top.

sick of seeing and hearing this fuckers name tbh

if he wanted to be here and we wanted him enough to meet the asking price he would be here by now

if he wants to stay in that there London then I hope he fucks off to west ham and does a Dean Ashton

I know our club was shit last season and I know it was only a handful or so of times I'd waste my time watching QPR but he looked far more dangerous running about and creating his own shots than people give him credit for.

Was surprised when chatting to QPR fans before our match there the other month, they seemed to think he was seriously limited and they'd be happy with £10m plus.

I'd have taken him, it would have been nice to have added an English player that can score goals but it was him or Mitrovic.  Need a winger and defender far more.

Why pay 15mill for him now, when we can get him for 5mill in Jan

Don't agree with paying £15m for him full stop but would be ideal to get him on a decent deal now before he becomes so cheap clubs like Spurs/Chelsea really do take him as a serious option just as a cut-price backup.

Why would he sign a new contract, unless they are offering him silly money it makes no sense.  No disrespect to QPR but they are a mess, 10x more of a mess than Newcastle.

He puts himself in a worse negotiation position with other clubs by signing a contract.  The only reason for him to sign a contract would be to stay at QPR.  I'm not sure they will bounce back to PL like last time and looking at their finances they look to be in serious trouble.

The 26-year-old striker goes into the fortnight of the transfer window without a club and is understood to be growing frustrated by Rangers’ decision to play hardball on the £15million fee.

Classic Ryder.