England

Nobody

Why are they playing this? TV deal or something?

Seems completely pointless and unnecessary

Loads of friendlies over this weekend. Complete and utter waste of time, and unnecessary risk.

Well, tbf, there are competitive matches in this window, with the qualifiers for the Euros, and from the perspective of the FAs and those running the national teams it's advantageous to play the extra matches. Outside of Europe, none of these teams have played together in 11 months.

There may just have to be a reckoning with international football over the next two years, though. Every confederation (edit: Asia will not apparently) will have a major tournament before the World Cup in November 2022 and I'm just not sure it makes sense with how the calendar is and will be going forward; not even accounting for inevitable additional problems that will occur with the virus. There will be team-wide outbreaks as we've seen with Genoa in Italy and Tennessee in the USA (NFL). Surely some of the tournaments and events will just have to be canceled? I know the money says otherwise.

Goalkeepers: Dean Henderson, Jordan Pickford, Nick Pope.

Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold, Ben Chilwell, Conor Coady, Eric Dier, Joe Gomez, Michael Keane, Harry Maguire, Ainsley Maitland-Niles, Tyrone Mings, Bukayo Saka, Kieran Trippier, Kyle Walker.

Midfielders: Jordan Henderson, Mason Mount, Kalvin Phillips, Declan Rice, James Ward-Prowse, Harry Winks.

Forwards: Tammy Abraham, Harvey Barnes, Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Jack Grealish, Danny Ings, Harry Kane, Marcus Rashford, Jadon Sancho.

Such is my current love of football ive no idea who these 2 are.

Goalkeepers: Dean Henderson, Jordan Pickford, Nick Pope.

Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold, Ben Chilwell, Conor Coady, Eric Dier, Joe Gomez, Michael Keane, Harry Maguire, Ainsley Maitland-Niles, Tyrone Mings, Bukayo Saka, Kieran Trippier, Kyle Walker.

Midfielders: Jordan Henderson, Mason Mount, Kalvin Phillips, Declan Rice, James Ward-Prowse, Harry Winks.

Forwards: Tammy Abraham, Harvey Barnes, Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Jack Grealish, Danny Ings, Harry Kane, Marcus Rashford, Jadon Sancho.

Such is my current love of football ive no idea who these 2 are.

Just the combined 78 appearances in the Premier League.

Love Grealish.

He’s top 3 quality. I know loads on here hate him, but he’s brilliant.

Hes amazing. If he was Spanish, he would be getting wanked over. Urgh, I sound like paul merson.

He’s an excellent player, but a grade A fucking cunt.

Conor Coady has had more shots tonight than he’s had in the last 3 seasons for Wolves.

That's incredible.

Always assumed he must go up for corners and have some shots but I guess he must stay back

Conor Coady has had more shots tonight than he’s had in the last 3 seasons for Wolves.

That's incredible.

Always assumed he must go up for corners and have some shots but I guess he must stay back

I’d never noticed it before but it was on Football Weekly the other week. Odd as he’s clearly decent in the box.

I knar it's just a friendly vs Wales but I hope Grealish's performance tonight means he's a fixture in the squad moving forwards. I find it crazy how hesitant Southgate was to call him up.

It might have done him good. i don't know much about the lad but a lot of people seem to think he's a bit of a cunt. Getting picked earlier might have made him too big for his boots. He would have probably left Villa to sit on a bench somewhere, or go back to the championship. on loan. Instead his development has been uninterrupted.

I seem to remember Southgate being keen for young uns to complete their under 21 duties, before being promoted, is that still the case?