England

Yorkie

This is one of the stronger teams (rather than the usual mishmash of divas) I've seen England put together in quite some time. Think you'll do well. The Alli-Dier-Kane spine will be crucial for team cohesion.

giphy.gif

I am confident that England will have a good tournament. Just as I am confident that the Broncos will have another good season. They're so good, those Broncos. No one will be able to stop them. They've got this, it's all good.

I am confident that England will have a good tournament. Just as I am confident that the Broncos will have another good season. They're so good, those Broncos. No one will be able to stop them. They've got this, it's all good.

giphy.gif

Only three centre backs, unless I'm missing something. Can Dier fill in there if needed? Not that there's much in the way of good alternatives in that area anyway.

An abundance of talent going forward, but I'm nervous about the defence.

I've always been a big fan of Rooney, but it's a bit of a struggle fitting him in. He doesn't look sharp enough any more to be an out and out striker, and he's played quite well in midfield for Man U. But the competition in midfield is very fierce, and already one or two good players will be ending up on the bench.

We have so much diverse attacking talent now. Rooney doesn't need to be a starter or if he does start, certainly not a 90 minute man if he's not delivering. I'm hoping Roy is brave enough to sub anyone early if they are failing to deliver.

Wish more managers had the balls to only take two keepers. Such a waste bringing three IMO.

It is but if one got injured then you would be catastrophically close to playing a outfield player in goal

Seems pointless dropping to 2. We end up not playing 3 or 4 of the players we brought in the first place.

If we want to bring additional potential attacking options, I'd be far more interested in not bringing 4 fullbacks, either by bringing a backup fullback who is comfortable on either side or a centreback who can go right back if need be. Or maybe not bringing 4 identical defensively minded midfielders. At least in positions other than keeper, if the worst thing happens there are players that can cover no matter what.

This is one of the stronger teams (rather than the usual mishmash of divas) I've seen England put together in quite some time. Think you'll do well. The Alli-Dier-Kane spine will be crucial for team cohesion.

Im not sure thats a spine. I am not sure how comfortable I would be with a spine that ended half way down my back.

You have to though don't you? Think that was the reason they increased from a 22 to 23 man squad in the first place.

North Korea tried to flout this rule in 2010 IIRC, and they were told in no uncertain terms that the '23rd man' would only be allowed to play as a goalkeeper, and not in his natural position as a striker. :lol:

Im not sure thats a spine. I am not sure how comfortable I would be with a spine that ended half way down my back.

C1 - TH10