England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

Rest players v Panama (because they're shit) and v Belgium (because finishing 2nd looks set to have a nicer route). Then it's over 2 weeks until the next big game.

Great chance to take it easy and throw in Rose, Loftus-Cheek, Rashford, Vardy, Alexander-Arnold etc.

Makes no sense

Those players hardly weaken the team, to be fair.

Tunisia aren’t shocking, they’re alright.

Really .... Khazari is their captain, a division 3 player, the club don't want to keep. In the first half they defended like a pub team club, unfortunately our finishing was at the same level.

He was on loan to a Ligue 1 side last season you know nowt. Like calling Thauvin a Championship player.

Hehe so because he was on loan somewhere else last year doesn't make him a div3 player right now... Hmmm guess you and your pal there know something more than me.

Even if we play by your rules. Their captain (and most notable name) played for the worst team in the PL for 1 and a half season, score 3 goals in 35 games, most of which were not from the start, hardly a regular in the worst team in our league.

We should be looking to smash Panama to put the finishing ghosts to rest.

Aye i'd be playing the best team possible, whether that means starting someone like Rashford then so be it but don't see a reason to intentionally rest loads of players because the opposition is deemed weak.

Rest players v Panama (because they're shit) and v Belgium (because finishing 2nd looks set to have a nicer route). Then it's over 2 weeks until the next big game.

Great chance to take it easy and throw in Rose, Loftus-Cheek, Rashford, Vardy, Alexander-Arnold etc.

Makes no sense

Those players hardly weaken the team, to be fair.

Why after one game where you didn't play great would you change everything, and just expect it to improve two weeks later with no more match practice?

Really .... Khazari is their captain, a division 3 player, the club don't want to keep. In the first half they defended like a pub team club, unfortunately our finishing was at the same level.

He was on loan to a Ligue 1 side last season you know nowt. Like calling Thauvin a Championship player.

Hehe so because he was on loan somewhere else last year doesn't make him a div3 player right now... Hmmm guess you and your pal there know something more than me.

Even if we play by your rules. Their captain (and most notable name) played for the worst team in the PL for 1 and a half season, score 3 goals in 35 games, most of which were not from the start, hardly a regular in the worst team in our league.

Well he's never played in the English third tier.

He will never will play in the English third tier.

So no, he's not a third division player.

I don’t like this, finish second to get a better route to the final craic like. We should go out to win every game and finish the group top. We can afford to rest perhaps against Panama, but not Belgium ffs :lol:

I don’t like this, finish second to get a better route to the final craic like. We should go out to win every game and finish the group top. We can afford to rest perhaps against Panama, but not Belgium ffs :lol:

Agreed. Need to build momentum and confidence.

Go all out to smash Panama and then take that confidence into hopefully beating Belgium and try and get some momentum going.

:thup:

I'd be up for a couple of changes for Panama but suggesting anything but full strength and trying to win every game is utterly mental.

Guest neesy111

If you want to progress you'll have to play good teams eventually anyway, you can't avoid it forever.

Aye, it's a world cup ffs.

Guest alijmitchell

Edit - Ha ha there isn't a place I'd rather be less that there with all those fucking dweebs

He’s not a Div 3 player you div. not even sure what you’re trying to argue here, it’s a weird point.

:thup:

I'd be up for a couple of changes for Panama but suggesting anything but full strength and trying to win every game is utterly mental.

Its what Hodgson did at the Euro's and look how that panned out.

As if debating which league Khazri plays in makes a bloody difference anyway. Tunisia aren't a great side but a difficult team to play against. We've finally got an opening game win and people are piss-moaning

That's spot on.

In terms of whining about it, that exactly the attitude you would want from the whole of our squad, if they are happy with the way we played in this game, we may as well go home right now. We've done the job, we should have done and it's time to move on to the next game, beat Panama, like they should and they are through, but Belgium are a class above what we played today and what we'll play in the next game, if we want to do well (and tbh, this squad form me should be aiming for a lot more than make r16 or 1/4 finals) we'll have to step it up a bit and above all else learn to finish our chances that don't fall to Mr Kane. It's a good way to start in all honestly, there's room for improvement.

Guest Howaythetoon

Whole pub cheered when Sterling come off with lots of vitriol  :jesuswept:

Fucking sun man! Loads of dickheads out tonight who prior to this probably havent saw an England game in the last 2 years. Wankers!

How English :lol: Smart teams win.

He’s not a Div 3 player you div. not even sure what you’re trying to argue here, it’s a weird point.

Are you retarded or something ? He plays for a club in Div 3. They hold his registration, no one has bought him, he is a Sunderland player.... What part of this simple situation don't you get.. Damn the standard of education these days is terrible.

What an odd argument. Who cares who Khazri plays for? Literally makes no difference to anything that has or will take place.

Can remember approximately 0 teams making tactical starting XI changes after game 1 in a bid to finish second in a group they can win either, absurd.