Georginio Wijnaldum

Disco

I'd quite like to see him moved back inside for Stoke and put Aarons out on the left, if Dummett is going to play LB. A lot of his best work comes linking up through the middle, of course that might well be because he has the freedom to drift inside.

Not sure how fit Arons will be , but like the idea.

If this lad keeps playing like he has in the last couple of games we'll gonna have to pick up some better results and show ambition in the january window and sign enough quality to have any chance whatsoever to keep him longer than this season. Unfortunately we wont fix what needs to be done :(

If this lad keeps playing like he has in the last couple of games we'll gonna have to pick up some better results and show ambition in the january window and sign enough quality to have any chance whatsoever to keep him longer than this season. Unfortunately we wont fix what needs to be done :(

The fat wanker's eyes are once again spinning like pound signs! We could easily sell him for £30 million plus in the summer!

I'd quite like to see him moved back inside for Stoke and put Aarons out on the left, if Dummett is going to play LB. A lot of his best work comes linking up through the middle, of course that might well be because he has the freedom to drift inside.

Agreed. When Dummett plays LB there is no one overlapping Gini when he comes inside. We are too narrow sometimes

Apart from not going all in on proven managers one of the most annoying things are that almost every season we have a few decent players, but never 11 good ones or any squad depth/balance on top of that. Once again it feels like "oh this is some player, lets build the team around him and a couple of others and kick on and do something" before you realise that Oh, this club doesn't work this way. It's so f***ing frustrating as there's great potential to be something more than a nothing club. I get excited about players like Wijnaldum, but for what reason? Living with false hope i guess..

Do the bare minimum..

I'd keep him as LAM for Bounemouth to allow him to focus on breaking but I'd be looking to shift him inside for our next home game. Tiote is looking passable as someone that can tackle, not get overrun and pass 5 yards without looking like a mug and I think he'd be a decent short-term (January) foil for Gini. Just don't think we can persevere with such a narrow left side for another home game; we need someone, whether FB or winger, that can stretch things a bit and open up gaps for our central players. We've actually one OK at playing through congested defences, of late, but we could be making things much easier for ourselves.

I love this guy but he really needs to stop disappearing for large chunks of matches. Really needed his composure yesterday, and even though he tried at times to hold the ball and make something happen, he just didn't do it enough times and was pretty bad defensively. I've come to expect high standards from an obviously class player, so there should be no letting up on his behalf.

I love this guy but he really needs to stop disappearing for large chunks of matches. Really needed his composure yesterday, and even though he tried at times to hold the ball and make something happen, he just didn't do it enough times and was pretty bad defensively. I've come to expect high standards from an obviously class player, so there should be no letting up on his behalf.

Thought I was in the Sissoko thread for a second

Thought I was in the Sissoko thread for a second

Is that because you're a massive racist?  :crazy2:

He's a class act but we really need get our play going through him a lot more.  The system we play is not getting the best out of him at all.  I'd play him central in a 3 man midfield with Sissoko and Tiote, ahead of that play Perez, Thavin (ideally Aarons) with Mitro as the focul point.

Going forward we could be quite fluid and interchangeable, defensively we could drop into a 5 man midfield with Perez and Thauvin wide if need be.  Drop this Anita/Tiote central midfield and we instantly become better at both ends of the pitch.

I don't think he's going to be a driving midfielder for us, he seems to play in bursts/moments and likes to ghost into positions. I think the current system allows him a lot of freedom, tbh, he's not as bogged down in defensive work, is covered by the CMs, is given huge license to roam and is constantly getting in the box which is what he seems to love. I'd move him inside for Leicester, even as just an experiment, but I don't think the current shape particularly hinders him. I think he's mint, btw, but yesterday just wasn't his day, he just didn't seem on it when on the ball which isn't like him.

I don't think he's going to be a driving midfielder for us, he seems to play in bursts/moments and likes to ghost into positions. I think the current system allows him a lot of freedom, tbh, he's not as bogged down in defensive work, is covered by the CMs, is given huge license to roam and is constantly getting in the box which is what he seems to love. I'd move him inside for Leicester, even as just an experiment, but I don't think the current shape particularly hinders him. I think he's mint, btw, but yesterday just wasn't his day, he just didn't seem on it when on the ball which isn't like him.

Best position for him now. And in order to keep him happy and dangerous he needs "a free role" when attacking.

He's a class act but we really need get our play going through him a lot more.  The system we play is not getting the best out of him at all.  I'd play him central in a 3 man midfield with Sissoko and Tiote, ahead of that play Perez, Thavin (ideally Aarons) with Mitro as the focul point.

Going forward we could be quite fluid and interchangeable, defensively we could drop into a 5 man midfield with Perez and Thauvin wide if need be.  Drop this Anita/Tiote central midfield and we instantly become better at both ends of the pitch.

As much as I think Perez has been playing well behind Mitro and there is a lot of potential there.  I like the sound of this formation and setup.